The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Newtown Scam- What is wrong with people??

Unreal that somebody could be so awful. I guess some people will do anything for money, but... yuck.

http://nyti.ms/WWtwb1

same thing that is wrong with the Tsunami scams, Earthquake scams, Tornado scams....

people suck
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

I was so disgusted by this. I work in the fraud department for a bank... I came across an account where two hurricane Sandy victims (as in deceased) were frauded in an equally disgusting manner. I don't know what is wrong with people. :-(
    http://www.leakycreek.com/
    http://leakycreek.wordpress.com/ Rainbows & Mourning Doves Blog
    John P. Smith II 1973-2009 Love Always
    Father, Husband, Friend, Firefighter- Cancer Sucks- Cure Melanoma

Because it's easy money. They can play on the sympathy of others, and with a tragedy like Newtown, be fairly assured that people aren't going to check them out thoroughly.

You see it in all types of charities, from medical to animal rescue. Sometimes I wonder about some of the posts I see on COTH...but I'm a huge skeptic. Wish I didn't have to be, but life proves me right, again and again.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Because it's easy money. They can play on the sympathy of others, and with a tragedy like Newtown, be fairly assured that people aren't going to check them out thoroughly.

You see it in all types of charities, from medical to animal rescue. Sometimes I wonder about some of the posts I see on COTH...but I'm a huge skeptic. Wish I didn't have to be, but life proves me right, again and again.
    Of the about 550 claim cases that I investigated for FEMA in New Orleans post Katrina over 400 were proven to be fraud... we were pushed to investigate every claim quickly then had to go back to prove the fraud as we were repeatedly told we were not there to decide if the claim was valid or fraud. We were repeatedly told not to question but to act; however when I laid forty-five claims on the desk for the same 800 sq/ft residence inthe 600 block of Reynes Street FEMA paid all the claims; it wasn't until three years later that my question was addressed by FEMA.

Clanter, that's a depressing tale about human nature.

I bet this won't turn out to be the only fraud from this horrific tragedy, and I bet it's not this woman's only scam either.

And I hope she won't end up with her own tv special the way the woman who lied about having cancer to get an entire wedding and honeymoon donated did. Hopefully, that one's story will turn out to be public knowledge and she won't get a payment from it. And her sentence was to repay part of the money, and her husband (who she also lied to about her condition) stayed with her.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

This scumbag also is accused of defrauding Hurricane Sandy victims. Total piece of human garbage, may Karma strike her in a HUGE way...