The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Bartville halters?

How do they compare - to say Walsh or Tack Shack of Ocala halters? I'm in search of a couple new halters, and was considering ordering them from Bartville (along with a few other things, of course ) Any photo's would be greatly appreciated.

Mine has help up really well to summer hosings, etc. I have the 3/4" one that looks great on my petite mare. I never clean it or anything and still looks great after 2 years. The brass hardware has held up well and the leather is still soft. No issues with stitching. I will be buying all halters there. And I'm going to have them make a narrow one in black with nickel for fancy times. (now that I've said all this the spring on the throatsnap will probably break tomorrow, lol!)

I have 3 of them. My favorite everyday halter is the 3/4" single buckle havana halter. The leather is super soft and supple. I clean it about every couple of months and condition it with leatherbalsm. I have the chestnut 1" as a show halter since I love the color of it. And that one sits in my trailer so its neglected as well and very nice leather. I clean it up if I am going to use it and it cleans up great.

I also have the 1" rolled throat halter and that is a spare to my everyday halter. Yes, I have a bit of a tack collecting issue, but the price and quality of these halters cant be beat. And my theory is since I only get to go to Bartville once every few years, I should stock up !!! The halters do run true to size, the bridles on the other hand, are a completely different story

Ok, I think I'm going to order 2 to see what I think. Why not, right?

How much do they stretch? I have a mare w/a moose of a head, she fits in her halter now as it's grown with her (she's 3.5yo), but, I'm slightly worried she might need an oversize.

I have over 20 horses from foals to retire's and all wear Bartville and anyone who comes for a visit usually is treated to a quick trip to Bartville and almost all leave w/ a halter............

Only halters I have. I wouldn't say they "stretch" much but---leather is quiet nice and solid---but the Horse size fits most horses. I do have one big guy in an Oversize halter....He's 17.1+ with a big head

Their halters hold up to quite a lot of abuse. I get the triple stitch ones....but they are near by me so I just go in a look and pick out what I want. I love their grooming halters too.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

I have 5 of thier halters: 2 grooming, 2 triple stitch with throat snaps, and one with a fiixed chinn under my shipping fleeces. Love them and love how they have lasted. Highly reccomend and I want to shop there again!
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

Do they have an online catalog?

Amy they don't. But one thing they told me was they're having a 10% of saddle the last 3 days of December.

I will be taking advantage of that!

Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

are they open today? or what days are they open this week?

I think open 27, 28, 29 For 10% off sale.
    Not 100% positive though.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Hey if you find out for sure let me know. I need a Bartville fix bad. Will make a special trip.
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

me too! I've been dieing to have them make me a 3/4" black with nickel halter. They have them in 1", but maresy wants a "going to town" halter and 1" overwhelms her face. Plus I always love just browsing around and seeing all the lovely things I want!

If someone could PM me their phone # so I could get a catalog...I'd be SOOO grateful!!