The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My dog feels the need to hump the comforter on our bed before settling down for the night. I don't get it. But it has always been that way. I mean, really? Dominating the COMFORTER? necessary? I think not.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

While at my parents' for Christmas, my sister's cat pinned my cat down by the scruff and was merrily humping away. Allen voiced his complaints but let it happen anyway

With my sister's cat it's a dominance thing, he's a POS and a jackass.
    Lucy (Precious Star) - 1994 TB mare; happily reunited with her colt Touch the Stars

I'm so glad I read this thread, it makes my cat almost seem normal.

My certified therapy dog did have one behavior flaw, he would hump other dogs given the chance. We were on a therapy visit to a mental health facility, and one of the other dogs got to close and...bingo....much to the amusement of the mental health patients, one of whom said "He need medication for his problem!"

1 members found this post helpful.

I boarded at a place where the JRT would hump your helmet if you set it down for a second (back in the day when they were black velvet)

1 members found this post helpful.

When I was a kid, we had two neutered male cats - an older one and a younger one. The younger one would vigorously nurse off of the older male cat (two adult males here). Then, when he was finished, the older male had his turn. They would change positions and the older male would go to town humping the younger male. Best buds

Our dogs have chain humped, which was hilarious to watch - I actually took pictures instead of yelling at them to stop. The chain consisted of two border terrier girls bringing up the front and rear with my mom's golden retriever male sandwiched in the middle. The picture was AWESOME because you could just barely see the little BT girl's head in the back because the golden is so much larger than she is. People think I'm a real sicko for snapping the picture and keeping it in my phone for quite a while, but it was SO funny!