The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatcher View Post
    But dahhling, you mean you DON'T wear your cashmere to the barn? I am aghasted. You simply MUST updrade .
    I hope you're not making fun of me. I don't exactly have the space to store every hole-y sweater that lives past its prime, so I like having things that both look decent for everyday wear and are durable enough for the barn. I also don't want to sacrifice by work/non-horsey wardrobe in the process...

For anyone else looking, the sweaters GoForAGallop posted are only $6 in the store and they actually feel pretty decent. (Especially for $6!)

Uniqlo has very nice looking polar fleece turtlenecks that machine wash and cost $12.99.

The website looks a little weird but if you can just navigate to the solid color fleece turtleneck, all will be well.

REI Outlet and Columbia Sportswear outlet (online has sales). I like outdoor clothing for ruggedness. REI and Columbia often have a taller fit (I am tall and can't wear LL Bean, etc.). Watch REI Outlet for the overpriced stuff though. You have to weed out high prices at both retailer websites - even when "outlet." Lol. Have fun.

I get cheap riding tops from Sierra Trading, they have $4 t shirts and $10 polos for summer too.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/anv...colorFamily=07

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post

For anyone else looking, the sweaters GoForAGallop posted are only $6 in the store and they actually feel pretty decent. (Especially for $6!)
    Good to know, guess I'll go pick a few more up.

The point of my ranty four paragraph post from before is that yes, they're decent for $10. (Or $6!)

I went to Old Navy and was going to pick up some of the sweaters mentioned. The only color left was white! Oh well, they seemed very soft and would have been great. Will try Kohl's next!
    Last edited by 2horseowner; Dec. 28, 2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: word left out

Quote Originally Posted by 2horseowner View Post
    I went to Old Navy and was going to pick up some of the sweaters mentioned. The only color left was white! Oh well, they seemed very soft and would have been great. Will try Kohl's next!
    If there's another store near you, Old Navy's website has a stock calculator that shows you what colors and sizes they have. You should check and see if any others have them—they're worth hunting down!

Eddie Bauer when they are having a sale. They also have great fleecy "shirts"

JC Penney's - re-worked their image and pricing scheme (now lower prices and not always a fake "sale"). Found some screaming deals.

American Eagle has cable sweaters on clearance at the moment - all sizes and in a few acceptable colors. With the additional 40% off and free shipping on the website they're $18 apiece.
    "Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense!"

I pretty much buy everything at Target, from cheap barn clothes to work clothes to groceries to decor. They have lots of cheap sweaters.

you can try here

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHippo View Post
    you can try here
    Meh, she said cashmere BLENDS....

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttonwillow View Post
    Meh, she said cashmere BLENDS....

I think ANYONE who posts on these forums has a plethora of first-world problems. Who knew that wanting cheap clothes to wear to the barn was such an inflammatory topic?

1 members found this post helpful.

Cool

I think ANYONE who posts on these forums has a plethora of first-world problems. Who knew that wanting cheap clothes to wear to the barn was such an inflammatory topic?
    I think it was all meant in good fun... at least my comment was... and I'm back for that old navy link

I'm a little reluctant to continue wearing my nice J. Crew cashmere blends to the barn, as nice as they may be, but I can't seem to find anywhere that sells decent knits that aren't $100... Any favorite suppliers for good winter barn basics (that are NOT outrageously expensive)?

I have a great puffy jacket I love, but it's what to wear underneath that's got me stumped!
    You wear Cashmere sweaters to the barn & are having difficulty finding something less expensive??? Heaven help all of us.

OMG, I have the same problem when I wear my Vera Wang cocktail dresses out to feed. They keep getting mud splatters on the hem!!

And seriously, OP, you have to have a sense of humour, considering you included the specific brand name and details. Kinda lobbed a piece of fresh bacon to the dogpack there, ROFL!

2 members found this post helpful.

...or not...

Wallmart has some nice sweaters inexpensive compared to Jcrew.
    Also Kmart has some nice ones too.
    Live Free Or Die Hard

Walmart has basic sweatshirts for about $5.