The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

There are posters on here confirming that they know Superminion.
    Not doubting her existence, just the tall tale.
    Last edited by mp; Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:58 AM.

3 members found this post helpful.

Oh goodness. I hope you are having better luck this morning!

Superminion, I'm so sorry this is happening along with all the other crap (princess loompa) you've had to endure but I must admit this has me laughing hysterically. My husband is trying to figure out why I would risk waking our 4mo old up on our still 9 hour left road trip to laugh at a COTH misadventure. I hate that I have no advice as I have never desired to smear anything on my face and therefore have no experience with removal of any sort of store bought goo. I wish you good luck in your rather wild predicament and hope you can get in contact with the manufacturer. I do believe a refund is in order.... :-)

Well, whats the progress??!!?

And I suspect she went to the store and not her DH becasue her kiddo is was not liking her new face and with all of the snow you wouldnt want to take your kid out if you didnt have too....so, DH stayed home with the kid and minion had to venture out.
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

This is hilarious!
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I woke up this morning and was able to scrub the mask off with warm water and a wash cloth. The Vaseline softened it up. My best guess is that the chemicals in my face wash reacted with the chemicals in the mask? I don't know. I'm just glad we got it off.

I'm not sure what more you want me to say. I would be happy to meet up with any Vt COTHers. I've got a whole weekend free!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

5 members found this post helpful.

Glad you were able to get it off without taking a layer of your face off! That looked pretty stuck on there.

better start the thread now with home made recipes for facials before OT shuts down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    I woke up this morning and was able to scrub the mask off with warm water and a wash cloth. The Vaseline softened it up. My best guess is that the chemicals in my face wash reacted with the chemicals in the mask? I don't know. I'm just glad we got it off.

I'm not sure what more you want me to say. I would be happy to meet up with any Vt COTHers. I've got a whole weekend free!
    Good news for you!

Bad news for those who were hoping you'd fly off to a nomoland for a family vacation, forgetting to update your thread.

But you know, exfoliation is good, and some people pay big bucks for a salon treatment to accomplish the same thing and never have the excitement of being interrogated by a trooper while in their PJs.

This is just such a good story! Happy New Year!
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

1 members found this post helpful.

Made up or not, the picture was priceless and the call to LE topped it all!

WHY can't I get calls like that???? WHY?? If I get a "suspicious person in store" call, it's always the smelly homeless kind, generally with a touch of paranoia, generally intoxicated/high, generally with open sores of some kind, and they have bags and bags of their possession that they have, somehow, surreptitiously ferried into the store and I must now supervise them removing all of said possessions...
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

2 members found this post helpful.

So... how's your face look after the mask? Does it look like the skin of a baby angel's behind? Would you recommend the 12 hour face mask to others who want to improve the quality of their skin?

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilykoi View Post
    This is a pretty funny tale, but the only thing that makes it hard to believe is that hubby would not go out for you. Mine went out to buy Kotex in the middle of the night ( I was having issues) and this is way back when they came in the giant blue box lol
    Lilykoi, I hate you now lol. One of the most believable parts to me is that hubby made her run out. No way would my DH be running around for me at midnight if it was not life threatening and I would have had to guilt him into watching the kids and letting me go some nights. Not nice but true.

Also... when you stay home with kids, any opportunity for a solo adventure looks enticing, mask or not!

Quote Originally Posted by magicteetango View Post
    Also... when you stay home with kids, any opportunity for a solo adventure looks enticing, mask or not!
    Yeah, we used to argue about who got to go to the laundromat and do laundry, when the kids were very little! Going out kidless at that stage in your life is an Adventure, whether you meet a policeman or not!!

Yay!
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

...are you waiting for a litigous letter from the manufacturers of the mask?
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

Whew. Great saga, but don't think I could have stood the delay in the ending like we originally had with the Chicken. So glad we had resolution within 24 hours

I can only imagine the lovely conversation you're gonna have with a rep from that company!!!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumVt View Post
    So... how's your face look after the mask? Does it look like the skin of a baby angel's behind? Would you recommend the 12 hour face mask to others who want to improve the quality of their skin?
    I must know as well.