The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default mentors?

are there any mentors or programs or books or??? to learn about the inspection process of mares and/or foals?

I have my first WB foal expected in April, and as I've never even shown in hand, I'd like either books/articles to read, or possibly someone who would be willing to be my mentor and answer questions and possibly let me shadow him/her/them going to inspections, etc.

I'm in CT, and would love someone nearby who would be willing to help a newbie learn the ropes!

TIA

Default You can call me any time

You are one of a very few breeders who actually ask for help and have the right approach. You can't learn what to do with youngsters just by reading books, and seeking out competent help with hands-on experience is definitely the way to go. Unfortunately I'm in Florida - so I can only help you with answering questions. You can contact me any time.
    Andras

thanks so much! if you would message me your number, I will take you up on that!

and if you know anyone in my neck of the woods, I would really appreciate a referral!