The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I dated a guy who tried to convince me that vasectomies prevented STDs. He then proceeded to whine (yes, like a five-year-old) because I wouldn't have unsafe adult relations with him. This all took place a week after his son came to me and said "can I tell you a secret?" Said son then proceeded to tell me that "daddy has a girlfriend". I found this really interesting since "BF" and I had just had a discussion about whether we were dating or whether I was a friend he wanted benefits from, and that discussion had ended with him saying "I don't know, what do you feel like?"

Yeah, he was a real winner.

Not me (though I've date my fair share of douches) but a friend went out on a date with a guy who asked her to play disc golf and then proceeded to get really, really angry when she beat him. After she wouldnt go out wiht him again (go figure!), he sent her extremely explict texts until she threatened to call the police.
    "I can't help but wonder,what would Jimmy Buffett do?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Fresh View Post
    Not me (though I've date my fair share of douches) but a friend went out on a date with a guy who asked her to play disc golf and then proceeded to get really, really angry when she beat him. After she wouldnt go out wiht him again (go figure!), he sent her extremely explict texts until she threatened to call the police.

Wow, she dodged a bullet -figuratively and probably literally.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

There are fascinating examples of bizarre or offending behavior I can recall on the part of women I dated once (as opposed to once dated).

Early on I figured out that during the first 10-15 minutes, usually in the car on the way to dinner, it became clear if there was any prospect of a future relationship. But also realized that for good or ill the die was cast for the evening (or rest of the date) and there was no reason not to make the time as pleasant and enjoyable as possible.
    If I knew what I were doing, why would I take lessons?

"Things should be as simple as possible,
    but no simpler." - Einstein