The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default The Young Stallions of Piber Meet Their New Dance Hall at the SRS

First day of school!

http://youtu.be/66La2blX0yY
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

1 members found this post helpful.

Cool! Remarkable how well adjusted they are with each other. They act like a bunch of geldings.

As a side note, I'm a little surprised a private party was able to take this video. The SRS was quite strict about no taping and no photographs when we were there. The ushers would come by and tell you to shut it off, altho I guess with a smartphone it would be easier. Or they've changed their policy.

Thanks for an interesting vid.

Quote Originally Posted by oldernewbie View Post
    As a side note, I'm a little surprised a private party was able to take this video. The SRS was quite strict about no taping and no photographs when we were there. The ushers would come by and tell you to shut it off, altho I guess with a smartphone it would be easier. Or they've changed their policy.
    Was this during a show? We were there for morning exercises & the only rule was no flash. My mother got a lot of horse colored streaks.

ETA: lots of flash in that vid. Maybe b/c they are not training, anything goes?

Quote Originally Posted by oldernewbie View Post
    Cool! Remarkable how well adjusted they are with each other. They act like a bunch of geldings.
    They are babies who have undoubtedly grown up with each other. There's no needs for stallions to lead lonely, isolated lives, and in fact it's best for colts to live together cause then they just beat on each other instead of their handlers.

1 members found this post helpful.

I suspect that for an occasion like that, the handlers would prefer that their charges be subjected to every noise or distraction an audience can offer.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippolyta View Post
    Was this during a show? We were there for morning exercises & the only rule was no flash. My mother got a lot of horse colored streaks.

ETA: lots of flash in that vid. Maybe b/c they are not training, anything goes?
    We were there for morning training. Since there have been a lot of changes recently at the SRS it would not surprise me at all to discover that they have changed their rules. I looked at the web site but no info on that count. No matter still a nice vid.

I also understand that there's no reason that stallions need to be separated. What I meant to say was that the vid is proof that they can be together without problems if they are properly socialized.