The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I LOVE dance Moms!!!!

I love Abbey, I love the girls, the mom's are not to be believed!
    I do not have lifetime anymore, I need to get it back!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

I'm watching the marathon as I type and eagerly looking forward to the new first episode!

Quote Originally Posted by JumpQH View Post
    I'm watching the marathon as I type and eagerly looking forward to the new first episode!
    so im I!!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpQH View Post
    I just turned it on, haha! I am glad there are others that watch this show too Only a few hours to go til the new season!!
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

I do like Dance Moms! Even if there have been times I want to take a baseball bat to the Moms...honestly, if you think Abby is so horrible STOP PAYING HER TO TEACH YOUR CHILDREN. If you don't, shut up, sit down, and let her do her job.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I do like Dance Moms! Even if there have been times I want to take a baseball bat to the Moms...honestly, if you think Abby is so horrible STOP PAYING HER TO TEACH YOUR CHILDREN. If you don't, shut up, sit down, and let her do her job.
    Seriously! If she's one of the best then just be happy your children get the opportunity to learn from her!

I adore Abby...probably because she reminds A LOT of my old riding instructor

This show is a major guilty pleasure of mine, haha. Those moms are ridiculous, but I can't stop watching!!
    <3 Vinnie <3
    1992-2010
    Jackie's Punt ("Bailey") My Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbred

Quote Originally Posted by shiningwizard255 View Post
    I adore Abby...probably because she reminds A LOT of my old riding instructor
    Exactly. I remember when the series first came out having a discussion on FB where SO many parents were SO appalled by what they considered to be "abusive" conduct on Abby's part toward the kids. I felt pretty strongly that her conduct is not only NOT abusive but hers is the only kind of program your kid needs to be in if your kid wants to REALLY get to the top level of anything. Heck, my old riding instructor was actually way *worse*, but all the KIDS knew not to take it personally as we were all there to learn and improve.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

I had an unpleasant riding instructor...and after my parents figured it out, guess what? We LEFT. Instead of hanging around and complaining! I realize that the Moms are in fact getting coached to do this for TV drama, but come on...if she's THAT awful, leave. If she's not, shut UP.

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I had an unpleasant riding instructor...and after my parents figured it out, guess what? We LEFT. Instead of hanging around and complaining! I realize that the Moms are in fact getting coached to do this for TV drama, but come on...if she's THAT awful, leave. If she's not, shut UP.
    I agree. And actually I think the show would be better if Lifetime would have the moms tone it down a little, instead of making more drama. It's got an interesting thing going without Kelly having an expletive-filled meltdown and walking out every 15 minutes.

I was a dance mom for 9 years. I can tell you the show is totally scripted. Even the competitions are faked because none of the major competitions will let them film at the competitions. Most of the other dance moms I knew were actually quite nice and we all got along

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by wireweiners View Post
    I was a dance mom for 9 years. I can tell you the show is totally scripted. Even the competitions are faked because none of the major competitions will let them film at the competitions. Most of the other dance moms I knew were actually quite nice and we all got along
    Oh I'm sure it's not real...I just enjoy the show in general, not for the mama drama, and I really like Abby. I took dance for a long time when I was a kid and it brings back some memories.

It's my guilty pleasure too! I actually really loved the Ultimate Dance Competition because we got to see more dancing. I wish Dance Moms would show more dancing this season.

2 members found this post helpful.

So what did everyone think?

They really made Abby kick up the ego-thing, eh?

I hope they don't do the whole "is Kelly coming back!?" thing for too much longer. The fact she's still on the show at all pretty much says she's coming back