Default Facial and Skin Moisturizers

There was a recent thread in Off Course (I think, or maybe it was a T'giving OT thread) about heavy duty moisturizers for winter's dry, chapped hands. Based on recommendations in that thread plus products I had already tried, the clear winner for me was GRAMP LYFORD'S COUNTRY SALVE. I got it from drugstore.com. Not only does it moisturize well, but the effects are long lasting, and best of all, it feels, looks, and goes on like a lotion (not a greasy ointment) but works better than any ointment I've tried.

For facial moisturizers, I have to put in a plug for the incredible LaRoche-Posay products. Seriously. Amazing. Really. Pore-minimizing, moisturizing, really makes your skin look tauter/much younger. Much younger. I'm not kidding here. I know everybody's skin is different, so YMMV, but I love these products. I use the Derm AOX serum every few days and the Effaclar M for my daily moisturizer. Both are a bit pricey, especially the Derm AOX, but I figure they're cheaper, and better, than a facelift!
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

When the skin on my face or my lips is chapped I love Watkins Petro Carbo Salve. It is greasy (think Vaseline) so I put it on at night after I wash my face and sleep with it on, then wash off whatever remains the next morning. It works really well!

I also really like Watkins brand body oil spray mists for moisturizing. I've been using the grapefruit one and I love it. Takes a second to dry but leaves your skin looking nice and smooth.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

After a recent run in with some sort of allergic reaction eczema thing, I ditched the Lancome for Aveeno.

I have great skin through lack of 80s tanning and genes, so I'll stick with the non allergenic Aveeno which feels great and is way easier on the pocket book!
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

I swear by two things....Argon Oil and Rose Hip Oil...won't clog your pores and keeps your skin super soft. I put a sunscreen lotion on as well when I go out. Best lip protection that I found is called Lip Savers...found it at Whole foods for 2.49. Chapstick with Tea Tree Oil.

Another vote for the Aveeno products! Switched from Neutrogena products, and am glad I did!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

I like the Aveeno products, too. Most work very well. Though, for some reason, I had a problem with the under eye cream. No matter what I did, it seemed to migrate to my eyes, and when it got there, it hurt. I switched to Garnier under eye cream and that seems to be doing the trick.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

2 members found this post helpful.

Migrating eye cream!? LOL!! I haven't used the eye cream yet, the breakout I had was on my lower and upper eyelids so I use the Aveeno Eczema Therapy there. I'm honestly afraid to try anything else right now! For a while I looked like I had been decked.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Cetaphil.