The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tricking out trailer for HJs

Im lifting this topic from eventing land where they have different needs than we hunter princesses and queens.

I have a Four Star 2 plus 1, 17 feet on the ground, which I adore and can't recommend the seller Frank Di Bella highly enough.

The gooseneck area has a gate and a large pull out tray, which I never pull out. Im thinking of having it taken out. I put my stuff large plastic clear plastic bins with locking lids. But Im wondering if there isn't a better way to organize.

Frank says some of his customers have gotten really creative in how to trick out that area to make it more useful. Any suggestions? Pix would be great

Thanks
    JJ

Thats kind of an awkward area to access so whatever works for you is best.

But I would not take anything out that cannot be put back just in case you want to sell it at some point.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

1 members found this post helpful.

I wouldn't have a trailer w/o a water tank. If you dont' have a water tank, this is might something to consider: some of them now are made w/ storage bin(s) on one or both sides of the tank; I've seen these fitted in 2-horse bumper pulll tack rooms but it still might be worth checking out for a gooseneck.

The Great White North, where we get taxed out the wazoo

My DBF who is a McGyver type created me a neat system for my trailer. He bought a plastic tank with a sprayer like you'd use on a 4 wheeler for weeds. He changed out the horse and added a spray gun and a battery it can run off of. Now I can spray down the beast when its all hot and sweaty rather than a sponge and bucket. The tank also hold enough (25gallons) that I can also fill buckets.

1 members found this post helpful.