The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Parlanti Ready to Wear

Any reviews?

Love.

Only if you're 4'11". They're as short as a toddler and as skinny as a Vogue model. Seriously like 18" heights, and 12" calfs... And that's before a drop, and they will drop. Then to add on, the inside of the calf is soft and falls apart.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrider23 View Post
    Only if you're 4'11". They're as short as a toddler and as skinny as a Vogue model. Seriously like 18" heights, and 12" calfs... And that's before a drop, and they will drop. Then to add on, the inside of the calf is soft and falls apart.
    Thats disappointing to hear, I'm petite but I want to get my money's worth in terms of quality

I have found as long as your foot, leg, and calf are in size range - the off the rack boots are wonderful. Good quality and the stretch panel along the zipper really helps give your leg a custom looking fit.
    http://STA551.com
    845-363-1875

I disagree about the quality. The leather is butter soft and I could see it not holding up to super hard use for years on end. That said, mine have handled a year and a half of pretty heavy riding with very little to show for it. They still look amazing and broke in so quickly.

They don't drop that much at all, and they do stretch in the calf if you need them to. When I tried them on I could barely get them zipped with thin socks and riding pants, now they fit perfectly and if I really need to I can squeeze an extra layer of socks on.

I actually got mine from STA (thanks again!) and I got compliments on them everywhere. I'm 5'1'' and 112lbs, if that helps you for sizing. I also have a big foot for my height (8/8.5) so that made it difficult to find boots that fit. I got very lucky with the Parlantis!
    Currently blogging for Chronicle of the Horse. Articles can be found here: http://www.chronofhorse.com/category...ryan-lefkowitz

I think the quality is fine, as is the calf sizing. From the boots I tried, the largest calf size fits my 14 1/4" calf just fine and thanks to the elastic panel, could maybe go another 1/2".

However, I will agree that they run very short. My 5'4" friend has the tallest height and they've already dropped a little too much in less than a year.

Where can you get them?

I got a pair last January at WEF. As others have mentioned they do run short. I'm 5'3" with a 6.5 foot and they are definitely too low now. Also one of the zippers was splitting near the ankle and I had to get it replaced. The other zipper unzips itself when I'm riding which gets annoying.. A friend said she got a cap put on her parlantis to make them taller so I'm probably going to look into that. On a more positive note, the leather is nice, broke in quickly, and they look nice if they are tall enough on you.

If the fit is right, these boots do not drop at all. They are designed to be very snug in the calf. The quality is superb. The zippers are terrific. The stretch panel allows for a custom type fit. And they come in varying heights and calf widths in every foot size. They are not designed to be used with boot trees which will eventually overstretch the panel alongside the zipper. Never heard anyone say they run short. There are many height choices!!

Kitty, are you a Parlanti rep or something? The general consensus among everyone I know is that they run very short. (Which makes sense—it's a marketing ploy to get people to splurge on the complete customs if they can't find an off-the-rack size that fits.)

1 members found this post helpful.

I am tall (5'8") and I have had my pair for about 2 years. They are tall enough for me and have not dropped. I am not sure why everyone thinks these boots are so short. My legs aren't super long or anything, but I am not short by any means. They haven't worn at all, but I only wear them to show. They are very comfortable, except one of my heels gets rubbed when I do a lot of walking. I have had a lot of compliments on them and have been really happy with them.
    www.jodsonline.com- Proud sister of the owner of JODS, providing quality equestrian apparel. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Darden19 View Post
    Thank you!

I was hopeful - I need a slim, extra tall boot (& I'm only 5'2 - must have an abnrmally long calf) unfortunately they are not tall enough for me. Thank you for sending the link!

Are there any other sites that I could try? I am having difficulty getting on the equiport site. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cabby773 View Post
    I am tall (5'8") and I have had my pair for about 2 years. They are tall enough for me and have not dropped. I am not sure why everyone thinks these boots are so short. My legs aren't super long or anything, but I am not short by any means.
    Are you talking about customs or the off-the-racks? The tallest height for my foot and calf size is roughly 18". I'm only 5'6" and that's about 1.5" too short.

Hi, I just tried on the nicer version of the tredstep off the rack with my 12 year old son. They are $495, come in a ton of heights and widths and look like a copy of the parlantis. According to the women at the store they are selling like crazy and might be a good option for you instead of parlanti off the rack. FWIW, She said it is all anyone is buying right now.

Tha Ridge think about it....Why would Parlanti manufacture off-the-rack boots, investing tons of $$$ in their stock, only to make them "too short" so that customers are forced to buy custom boots? Does that really make sense? I don't think so!! And let's think about this.....If buyer feedback was such that the boots really are too short...Parlanti would respond by adjusting their manufacturing! Instead people love these boots and snap them up! And no, I'm certainly not a rep! I just happen to have two pair and love them! As do many of my friends!!

I'm average height and no Parlantis off the rack fit me. They DO run short and the general consensus with everyone I know is that they are too short. Their tall option is still short on my 5'1" friend and she normally takes a regular height in boots. 18" is generally a regular height, not tall. Tall would be more like 19-20. Kitty, is it possible that you just have short legs?
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים