The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking Most comfy tall boots under $600

What do you think is the most comfortable pair of y'all boots under $600? I want a pair I can be in all day without killing my feet and not spending a fortune. I already have parlantis (saved for shows) and ariats suck (in my opinion as ive broken about 10 pairs).

Thank you!

Tredsteps. Raphael or Da Vinci. Donatellos are cheaper but not nearly as nice quality.

I adore my Mountain Horse Supreme boots. I can wear them all day for days on end and still be comfy! No break in time and barely dropped, going on a year with tons of use and the zippers are still perfect.

1 members found this post helpful.

I second the Mtn Horse Supreme. In the very beginning I got some minor rubbing on the back of my ankle from the zipper but other than that no problems. I can wear them all day long comfortably.

A third for Mountain Horse Supreme.

I have two pairs of Tuscany field boots (one for showing and one for schooling). They basically have no break in time and I haven't had any issues with the zippers either. I've ridden 3-4 days a week in the schooling boots for the last 2 years and they are in great shape

Tredstep Donatellos! Definitely under $600...actually, they're just under $300. Super comfy, and when I tried them on in the store they didn't seem to need too much time to break in. I felt like I could walk out of the store and go straight to the barn to ride. Agree with vagabondrider that they're of slightly less quality than tredstep's other tall boots, but it's hardly noticeable and they are far from subpar. I think they're better than my over $400 ariats.
    If i smell like peppermint, I gave my horse treats.
    If I smell like shampoo, I gave my horse a bath.
    If I smell like manure, I tripped.

I have a pair of off the rack Der Daus (which I got on clearance for $149) that are amazing!! Absolutely no break-in at all!! Love them!
    "Life is too short to be a slave to the whims of others." -- RugBug, COTH

I really love my Dublin Aristocrats. I abuse the heck out of them trails/foxhunting/driving the truck/chores and they still clean up and look brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by goldensaga View Post
    I adore my Mountain Horse Supreme boots. I can wear them all day for days on end and still be comfy! No break in time and barely dropped, going on a year with tons of use and the zippers are still perfect.
    I second the Mountain Horse Supreme boots. I have never had a softer pair of boots. No break in time is for sure. Got mine for christmas last year 2011 & have had no issues with them. Have worn them all day @ horse shows with out any problems. Didn't even know I had them on. My trainer got a pair at the same time I did & she loves hers too. I first saw them on a friend @ a show & could believe how soft they were & she loved them too so I decided to get some & have never regreted it.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Tredstep Da Vincis! I have a large (size 10), tall, and very slim calf. So, finding off the rack tall boots can be challenging. My slim calf Da Vincis fit me like a glove. They really look custom and are of great quality. I constantly get compliments on them.

I have had good luck with Ariats breaking in and being very comfortable. However I've had less luck with them holding up...

Treadstone's Italian Calf field boots (sometimes called Tuscany instead) are fantastic. No break-in time, no blisters, super comfortable. The leather is beautiful and seems very durable (I use mine mainly for shows but I would expect them to hold up very well to more use). They're every bit as nice as the Tredstep Da Vincis or MH Supremes but the best part is they're only $300!

Mountain Horse. So soft and comfy right from the beginning and they look great. The leather is super soft, so they wear a little quickly, but for the price, who cares

OH does Treapstep = Tuscany? I didn't know!

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxx View Post
    OH does Treapstep = Tuscany? I didn't know!
    Treadstone sells products under the Tuscany name.

Tredstep is a different company, IIRC.