The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Army in Dress Blues. My son was married in his. His wife's uncle married them, he is also Army. Ty's 1st SSG was there also and he was in his blues. A very nice looking group.

5 of them just walked by in blues :faint:

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    5 of them just walked by in blues :faint:
    Clearly you've never been to a Birthday Ball. Eye candy as far as the eye can see! Even when my date was off getting drinks or socializing, I was never wanting for a dance partner.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

1 members found this post helpful.

I was raised by an Air Force officer (WWII fighter pilot, no less!), and I have always had an appreciation for a man in a uniform.

We were blessed the last two years to attend the Marine Corps Ball at Ft. Benning as guests of a family member and her husband (a Force Recon Marine who served two combat tours in Iraq and one tour in Afghanistan - and is a Purple Heart recipient).

It was wall to wall with good looking guys in their Marine dress uniforms. And some high ranking Army dudes from Ft. Benning (since it is, after all, an Army base). And some visiting officers from the UK, Canada, etc. They were all in dress uniforms (one of the UK guys was wearing a kilt!) Young guys, older guys, didn't matter, they were all serious eye candy.

Here's my baby boy (he'll be 20 in January!) in his dress blues on the way to the Marine Ball last month. The quality of the picture isn't great because it was taken on his cell phone but I think he looks pretty dang good! Can you tell I'm a proud mom?

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...allNov2012.jpg
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

And just for fun...another birthday ball picture.
    http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...529_3804_n.jpg

And apparently I missed out on steaming the dress. Oops. At least we managed to get the two most unphotogenic people (ourselves) into a photo!

Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Former owner of the best Amish-carthorse-turned-eventer ever

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz 57 View Post
    Clearly you've never been to a Birthday Ball. Eye candy as far as the eye can see! Even when my date was off getting drinks or socializing, I was never wanting for a dance partner.
    No, but I did go to the Navy Ball. I don't recall the same type of tingling feeling I get from my neighbors

No, but I did go to the Navy Ball. I don't recall the same type of tingling feeling I get from my neighbors
    I tell Mr. Heinz I only married him for the uniform. I find the idea comforting when I feel the desire to wring his stubborn neck, which is quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz 57 View Post
    I tell Mr. Heinz I only married him for the uniform. I find the idea comforting when I feel the desire to wring his stubborn neck, which is quite often.
    Between the uniform, manners, and willingness to move heavy things, I might be in love with the entire office

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by cleozowner View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but Louis has been declared sketchy. He got called out for his chest of medals on the USMC Facebook page which seems to have led to him deleting his own Facebook page from what I dug up. Even his MySpace page is dubious and doesn't bear any of the stuff that a normal USMC soldier's page would have and there's just a single picture of him posing in a uniform and one fuzzy looking photo apparently from his time in Iraq, where nothing can be identified. Though someone fitting his age apparently did serve in the USMC as a Corporal, there seem to be no official records of him ever being awarded anything as far as medals go and the terms "stolen valor" come up in Google search results with his name.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but Louis has been declared sketchy. He got called out for his chest of medals on the USMC Facebook page which seems to have led to him deleting his own Facebook page from what I dug up. Even his MySpace page is dubious and doesn't bear any of the stuff that a normal USMC soldier's page would have and there's just a single picture of him posing in a uniform and one fuzzy looking photo apparently from his time in Iraq, where nothing can be identified. Though someone fitting his age apparently did serve in the USMC as a Corporal, there seem to be no official records of him ever being awarded anything as far as medals go and the terms "stolen valor" come up in Google search results with his name.
    So does my neighbor appear legit :xfings:

I love how Louis has one hash mark, a Purple Heart and Bronze Star, and no rank. And he is wearing an unauthorized helmet in dress blues. LMAO

Oh, they're getting clever.

He also claims to be a USEA Official. I don't know why, but he does. He's got a saddlery business and has apparently evented once or twice. He also claims to be a rodeo rider - nothing to back that up either from what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by JackandMo View Post
    I love how Louis has one hash mark, a Purple Heart and Bronze Star, and no rank. And he is wearing an unauthorized helmet in dress blues. LMAO

Oh, they're getting clever.
    From what I've dug up, it looks a lot worse than just that. I wouldn't go near this guy or his family.

From what I've dug up, it looks a lot worse than just that. I wouldn't go near this guy or his family.
    I dont claim to be a military expert, but even at a glance, a lot of things in that picture don't add up. Does he dupe a lot of people? I have no clue who he is or what the story is.

AliCat, some of these fools are disgustingly clever. People in my own family, who are affiliated with the military, are spreading FB posts about "Sgt Pulsey" guarding a school. He is a liar and a fraud, and duped those who shoud know better.

Quote Originally Posted by JackandMo View Post
    AliCat, some of these fools are disgustingly clever. People in my own family, who are affiliated with the military, are spreading FB posts about "Sgt Pulsey" guarding a school. He is a liar and a fraud, and duped those who shoud know better.
    First red flag... They can't just wear that uniform anywhere!

I dont claim to be a military expert, but even at a glance, a lot of things in that picture don't add up. Does he dupe a lot of people? I have no clue who he is or what the story is.
    There are a lot of things that don't add up with him. Looks like he might have served from 2000 to 2006 but there really isn't any evidence that he actually served. There was a USMC soldier with his name quoted in an article years ago who seems to have been the same age as he would have been but this guy seems more like someone who either never was a Marine or was in the service for a bit and then discharged in a manner that did not suit him, honorably or otherwise, and has been compensating for it by blowing his service record out of proportions. His first and last name are common enough that it would not be a stretch for him to fake military service and present himself as a former Marine if there was someone else around the same age as him with the same name serving in the Corps. His MySpace page has no real ties to the USMC and his friends are pretty much all young girls into horses along with some of his family and some white trash jackasses. No fellow soldiers are connected to him it would seem and the Marines are high and mighty about their Esprit De Corps and brotherhood and all that. There's a very skinny dark-haired guy who resembles him in his one and only "military photo" on his MySpace page but it's too fuzzy to confirm though the uniform posing picture is definitely him and it's not one of the formal uniform portrait shots that they do every year or so, which are what Marines usually put on their MySpace pages.

There was a USMC soldier
    Lex, I love ya...but on behalf of Mr. Heinz, I gotta say - a Marine is never a soldier.

Carry on.

2 members found this post helpful.