The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Marines in dress blues....

Are distracting. In a good way. I love watching them walk by.

I just wanted to share this with the ladies of COTH.

12 members found this post helpful.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Sorry, I'm partial to Navy officers in dress navy...mmmmm.. whites aren't too bad either!
    Last edited by Calvincrowe; Dec. 26, 2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: spelling
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

3 members found this post helpful.

They're pretty darned adorable on female Marines too.

Female Marines: The Fewer and the Prouder.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

8 members found this post helpful.

My husband is USMC, and yes marines have their own aura!

2 members found this post helpful.

I made my Marine wear his to get married in I LOVE out wedding pictures !

I have a recruiting office across from my store. The Marines are hands down the best neighbors I could have ever asked for, and not just because they look dreamy most of the time.

4 members found this post helpful.

My son graduated Navy boot camp last September, wow, there was all that eye-candy in uniform! And then again when he graduated Power Training; even with DH there, I had to look. I didn't realize how, well, sexy men in uniform are! (not my son, tho...he's just my kid LOL!)

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie & Starlette View Post
    My son graduated Navy boot camp last September, wow, there was all that eye-candy in uniform! And then again when he graduated Power Training; even with DH there, I had to look. I didn't realize how, well, sexy men in uniform are! (not my son, tho...he's just my kid LOL!)
    I love seeing the kids before they ship and how they are when they come back.

I have always like military guys, but this uniform has revealed to me weakness that I did not previously know existed!!!

Well, except for the super young ones........

Wait...is that why your location is listed as "next to the cupcake shop?"

Not so sure Marines would want to be called cupcakes.

My daughter looks fantastic in her blues too. She did at graduation and does whenever she gets to wear any version of them.

And she was thrilled at the last Marine Ball. When I asked her if she had fun, she replied, "Mom, all the male Marines were in Alphas. OF COURSE I had a good time!"
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

I'm jealous of all the other services dress uniform...even the army looks better than our bus driver uniform. I swoon over the navy boys, I'm trying to tempt my husband to go Navy officer

Wink

I was raised in Seattle by a Mother who came here at theoutbreak of WWII

She always pointed out the sailors from different areas of the world ( uniforms). During the 60's Seattle was a popular post for navys due to its shipyards and construction/repair abilities. I have always had an eye for the guys in unifomr.

Now I always look and appreciate our men and women in uniform. I did a Mud Run earlier this year that was designed by a Marine leader and staffed by members of his unit. My goodness men and women of the best kind. Even in their fatigues, neat polite and fit.

I am always a bit disappointed when we dont have Marines picking up our Toys for Tots at the office.
    _\\\\]
    -- * > hoopoe

www.meanderingwa.blogspot.com

Yes Do we have a *drool* icon??
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

"even the Army"? ;-) Whatever! DH just got his DA photo redone last week.... gorgeous!

We have all the branches at this installation - they can all be distracting!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    Wait...is that why your location is listed as "next to the cupcake shop?"

Not so sure Marines would want to be called cupcakes.

My daughter looks fantastic in her blues too. She did at graduation and does whenever she gets to wear any version of them.

And she was thrilled at the last Marine Ball. When I asked her if she had fun, she replied, "Mom, all the male Marines were in Alphas. OF COURSE I had a good time!"
    I am a cupcake junkie, and the SSGT teases me and says that my love affair with cupcakes and all other baked goods is increasing the waist size of everyone in his office.

They take care of me, so I feed them. I am in my store alone most days, but I have visits from various Marines 4-5 times a day. It makes me feel much safer... and EVERYONE in town knows they are my buddies. They send me business, they are polite, they help me move heavy things, the recruits are awesome and always stop by before or after PT sessions to see if they can help me with anything or get me a slice of pizza.

I have a special soft spot for the female recruits/poolees/Marines. I hook them up with crazy good prices on sports bras (I have a lingerie boutique).

My reps LOVE coming to my store because without fail they see a dapper man in a uniform during their visit.

I went to a Nursing School seminar many years ago when I was contemplating a change in career. It was in one of those conference rooms. In walks this Marine in his (then) BDUs and he does that thing they do when they come into a room -like a brief attention, where they square their shoulders. He was tall, hard, and squared away. I about dropped mah teef.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

Yes, I love the pics of Mr. LT in his blues, actually even his "utes" (utilities) looked juuuust fine!

Quote Originally Posted by lilitiger2 View Post
    Yes, I love the pics of Mr. LT in his blues, actually even his "utes" (utilities) looked juuuust fine!
    Hmm, is it wrong to request pics? I mean, I think this thread is incomplete without!

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    Hmm, is it wrong to request pics? I mean, I think this thread is incomplete without!
    Well he'd kill me (and not in a good way!) so I won't link to them, but one of these days I'll get him and his other USMC friends to do some kind of calendar...

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by lilitiger2 View Post
    Well he'd kill me (and not in a good way!) so I won't link to them, but one of these days I'll get him and his other USMC friends to do some kind of calendar...
    Yeah, I don't know the protocol, so I won't be posting any pics of my neighbors.

But one.... Oh man. When he shows up in blues (especially if he has a cup of tea for me in hand), I just about MELT. NOT FAIR!!!!

One word: Yum.

There's something about (slightly older) military men. I like 'em mature
    To be loved by a horse should fill us with awe, for we hath not deserved it.