The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Can someone tell me exactly what is stinky about the M.Toulouse saddles? I visited the tack shop today after a Dr appt in that area. She had an M.Toulouse with the adjustable gullet.
    http://www.doversaddlery.com/marcel-...1rwo55vmz1bs55
    I sat in it and she demonstrated adjustable tree for me. It felt heavenly!! Like the Devoucoux I've ridden in and wish I could afford.

I had a Toulouse Celine several years ago (right when they first came out) and I think I paid $750 for it new. I was young and my parents didn't want to spend a fortune on a saddle since I was around 10 or so and still growing. I loved it, and with the medium tree, it seemed like it fit everyone I rode pretty well with minimum padding. (and at that time i was riding everything from ponies to tbs to wbs). Not sure if the quality has changed since, but it was great then (I got a lot of compliments on it) and I sold it 3-4 years later for $700 (though granted it was my first saddle so I really took care of that thing )

I had a saddle when I leased but I wouldn't go out and buy one "just because" for a lease horse.

So many things can happen with the lease (I could write a novel) that means it ends... then you are stuck with a saddle you can't sell.

I would invest in good boots/gloves/helmet/breeches and leave the tack alone. Its also fun to buy saddle pads-- Horze is a really good place to get pads in my opinion.

Save the money if you can for your OWN HORSE.