The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec. 4, 2005
    Location
    washington state
    Posts
    7,856

    Exclamation The Drama Mongers.

    Why is it that those who loudly announce and decree themselves to be a "no drama zone!!" are the worst offenders? And why, if you point out their drama-laden ways, are you then accused of "creating drama"?

    Just a small vent/complaint, really, in the big scheme of things I suppose.

    One puts endless status updates about her stalker and many screechy yet vague references to her "stalker". Her latest read this--

    "Just for those of you that know John Doe and I. We love adding people to our friends list, but if we don't know who you are we can no longer accept them do to a crazy a$$ stalker.. if we have ignored your request in error please send a message with your request so we know who you are and as long as we can verify who you are and that you are safe we will accept. Thank you"

    Umm yeah. WHAT.

    The other has endless, literally oodles of complaints and negative crap that flows nonstop.

    Obviously I need to get back to work, this stuffing my face sitting on my butt messing around on the computer is not doing my patience any favors


    <--- I just like this one. It's garnish!
    The Knotted Pony

    Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct. 15, 2011
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    Why is it that those who loudly announce and decree themselves to be a "no drama zone!!" are the worst offenders? And why, if you point out their drama-laden ways, are you then accused of "creating drama"?

    Just a small vent/complaint, really, in the big scheme of things I suppose.

    One puts endless status updates about her stalker and many screechy yet vague references to her "stalker". Her latest read this--

    "Just for those of you that know John Doe and I. We love adding people to our friends list, but if we don't know who you are we can no longer accept them do to a crazy a$$ stalker.. if we have ignored your request in error please send a message with your request so we know who you are and as long as we can verify who you are and that you are safe we will accept. Thank you"

    Umm yeah. WHAT.

    The other has endless, literally oodles of complaints and negative crap that flows nonstop.

    Obviously I need to get back to work, this stuffing my face sitting on my butt messing around on the computer is not doing my patience any favors


    <--- I just like this one. It's garnish!
    I blame The Hills. Darn you MTV, for making drama cool.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb. 26, 2011
    Location
    Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here
    Posts
    3,825

    Default

    Thank goodness, I thought this would be a thread about me saying I had a drama free holiday for a change!

    It makes them feel good that they say it about themselves, but they would shrivel and die if they weren't wreaking havoc with the sanity of others, since they have so little of it themselves.

    I have found it incredibly liberating to remove people like this from my life. Someone should start a COTH drama llama list similar to Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a redneck"
    If you keep a lawyer on speed dial because of all the people suing you for slander...
    If people in your county hide behind chip displays in the gas station...
    If people won't let their kids play with yours because you are insane...

    You might be a drama llama
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"


    3 members found this post helpful.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar. 8, 2012
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    If you keep a lawyer on speed dial because of all the people suing you for slander...
    If people in your county hide behind chip displays in the gas station...
    If people won't let their kids play with yours because you are insane...

    You might be a drama llama
    If you've had 4 boyfriends, and you haven't even graduated high school
    If you constantly start conversations with "YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT BLAHBLAHBLAH DID"
    If people frequently widen their eyes and slooooowly back away as you're speaking to them

    This is so much fun
    I like mares. They remind me of myself: stubborn know it alls who only acknowledge you if you have food.
    Hannah B. Nana: 50% horse, 50% hippo
    Fiona: can't decide between jumpers or napping


    2 members found this post helpful.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec. 4, 2005
    Location
    washington state
    Posts
    7,856

    Default



    I can hide them on Facebook I suppose. They are old coworkers who I no longer see.
    The Knotted Pony

    Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb. 26, 2011
    Location
    Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here
    Posts
    3,825

    Default

    If there is no use sealing court documents because you knew someone involved in the case...

    If teachers pass your kids to get YOU out of their school...
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"


    2 members found this post helpful.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul. 4, 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    If you've worked for 5 different companies in 5 years and at each one there was a co-worked who was "out to get you".
    -Debbie / NH

    My Blog: http://deborahsulli.blogspot.com/


    3 members found this post helpful.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr. 4, 2010
    Location
    yonder a bit, GA
    Posts
    3,398

    Default

    I'm fb friends with an acquaintance who recently separated from her wife. She sent me a friend request through a slightly different name and i accepted. She said it was to get away from all of her ex's drama. Which would be totally understandable if that new page of hers didn't have any ranting, passive aggressive bitching about her ex's mutual friends... head scratch.

    I don't get it either!
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)


    1 members found this post helpful.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb. 20, 2010
    Location
    All 'round Canadia
    Posts
    5,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    Why is it that those who loudly announce and decree themselves to be a "no drama zone!!" are the worst offenders? And why, if you point out their drama-laden ways, are you then accused of "creating drama"?
    LOL, because everything they touch turns to drama.

    Normal, drama-free people might have the occasional moment of drama (by which I mean the cray-cray social and/or online drama, not actual dramatic life events), but for the most part they'll remain on an even keel and as such don't need to declare "drama-free zones" and ask pre-emptively for no drama.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb. 8, 2007
    Posts
    2,831

    Default

    The last barn where I boarded is like this. The BM claims that it is "drama free," but that woman freakin' creates drama on unsuspecting and undeserving boarders whenever her Napolean complex kicks in and she feels the need to throw her weight around to show how important and "awesome" she is. It would be a little more bearable if the facility would have been nicer and if the horses would have at least always had things like water and enough hay to keep them from kicking the sh*t out of each other in the so-called "pastures" that really had no grass. After a while her psychotic text messages, emails, complaining about how poor she was and how overworked she was taking care of 14 horses (of which she didn't even have to clean the stalls because seh had hired help for that), and her constantly changing the barn rules and board rates, got to be really tedious.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."


    1 members found this post helpful.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug. 17, 2012
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    I think whoever finds the answer to this question is going to be a trillionaire.

    The last barn I was at was a proclaimed "drama free community". It's even painted on the walls with the decor. Sure it was drama free, as long as you kept your opinions and thoughts to yourself and just allowed you and your horse to go with the program. If you wanted to do anything that you as a rightful owner should want to do - ride a certain way, attend an event on your own (with your own truck/trailer), or even change your horse's feed, there was HELL TO PAY. EVERYONE heard about your "mistake" for weeks - but you would never hear a peep about it.

    When I interviewed for my current job, I was told very explicitly that drama was frowned upon and considered a fireable offense. I told them stories about how I had a reputation for being very drama free at the barn and would always somehow know when it was stirring and then disappear. I landed the job. My boss is a drama FIEND. She rolls in to work and is on the phone literally all day gossiping with people. She will very often talk to multiple people and tell the same stories over and over again, she will talk poorly about the other people she as on the phone with, and even about coworkers in the building (she has enough tact to lower her voice a bit for those, but I still hear).


    3 members found this post helpful.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar. 8, 2012
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post


    I can hide them on Facebook I suppose. They are old coworkers who I no longer see.
    Just don't unfriend them!! That causes even more delicious drama to watch!!
    I like mares. They remind me of myself: stubborn know it alls who only acknowledge you if you have food.
    Hannah B. Nana: 50% horse, 50% hippo
    Fiona: can't decide between jumpers or napping



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul. 24, 2008
    Location
    Wimberley, TX
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by see u at x View Post
    The last barn where I boarded is like this. The BM claims that it is "drama free," but that woman freakin' creates drama on unsuspecting and undeserving boarders whenever her Napolean complex kicks in and she feels the need to throw her weight around to show how important and "awesome" she is. It would be a little more bearable if the facility would have been nicer and if the horses would have at least always had things like water and enough hay to keep them from kicking the sh*t out of each other in the so-called "pastures" that really had no grass. After a while her psychotic text messages, emails, complaining about how poor she was and how overworked she was taking care of 14 horses (of which she didn't even have to clean the stalls because seh had hired help for that), and her constantly changing the barn rules and board rates, got to be really tedious.
    Boy...does that sound familiar! Bet she had a "gorgeous" facility, too!



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep. 13, 2000
    Location
    Greenville, MI,
    Posts
    11,841

    Default

    Just one more reason I dumped face book over 3 months ago. Besides, one can get all the "Drama" they need right here on COTH!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov. 20, 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,285

    Default

    Thought you were at my ex barn before I read 14 horses. Mine had over 30. And it was exactly what she said. No drama at this barn! Unless she created it, which was all the time.

    Honest to god, even the horses were the same. You'd walk down the aisle, hers would be kicking the door to have it opened (she hardly rode, NEVER in the winter. "Old traumatic riding injury, don't you know...") She'd yell at anyone who had a word with her horses to knock it off. Frankly, she argued with anyone about anything. No one dared say "boo". No delighted little kids who got to love on the horses. Have a lesson. Mommy takes you right back to the car and you leave.

    They advertise as a sports horse rehab barn, when I've seen more injuries added on, than recovered from. And she has excellent providers, who remain associated because there's always something wrong with several of them so they get a LOT of business from her barn, but shake their heads as they walk away. And yes, even though she is so important, too! The only thing she really knows well about horses is what drugs to give them. Other than that, hasn't a clue, nor a lick of common sense.

    But, oops, I'm venting! We moved several months ago, and horsey and I are much happier! But I couldn't believe the similarities!
    Quote Originally Posted by see u at x View Post
    The last barn where I boarded is like this. The BM claims that it is "drama free," but that woman freakin' creates drama on unsuspecting and undeserving boarders whenever her Napolean complex kicks in and she feels the need to throw her weight around to show how important and "awesome" she is. It would be a little more bearable if the facility would have been nicer and if the horses would have at least always had things like water and enough hay to keep them from kicking the sh*t out of each other in the so-called "pastures" that really had no grass. After a while her psychotic text messages, emails, complaining about how poor she was and how overworked she was taking care of 14 horses (of which she didn't even have to clean the stalls because seh had hired help for that), and her constantly changing the barn rules and board rates, got to be really tedious.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov. 20, 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,285

    Default

    Yup. Ex-attorney boyfriend. Also worked/lived with him so we were together 24/7. Same thing - whined about everyone else, then would get on the phone and gossip to the others about the others. Lots of fun socially, etc., but get work done? The drama kept him from accomplishing much, and he is very good at what he specializes in. Would be exceedingly successful if he could curtail the drama.

    Ex DH was one, too. I went along with it for a while, as I was truly always thrown into some upheaval, until I learned so much wasn't really all that necessary.

    Maybe one of the reasons I'm on my own now. Seem to attract the type. But it's so nice and quiet! (Except for cat/dog/horse issues!)

    Quote Originally Posted by DancingArabian View Post
    I think whoever finds the answer to this question is going to be a trillionaire.

    My boss is a drama FIEND. She rolls in to work and is on the phone literally all day gossiping with people. She will very often talk to multiple people and tell the same stories over and over again, she will talk poorly about the other people she as on the phone with.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec. 3, 2002
    Location
    peterborough,ontario,canada
    Posts
    252

    Default

    ex friend says she doesn't want drama so

    goes to a mutual friends daughters 1st bday party ti drop off a gift. she was asked why shes not coming in, her reply"there are to may childish people her" um ok. 1) drama,2) childish people haha and your not one by saying that



Similar Threads

  1. Drama drama go AWAY!
    By CrocusPony in forum Off Course
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Oct. 11, 2012, 12:40 PM
  2. What's up with this: guy drama
    By HJalter123 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Sep. 6, 2012, 07:00 PM
  3. DD & the drama
    By RU2U in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Sep. 5, 2010, 01:39 PM
  4. Barn drama spinoff - lesson student drama
    By vacation1 in forum Off Course
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: Mar. 20, 2010, 02:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness