The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Parlanti Half Chaps

I'm thinking about purchasing Parlanti Half Chaps. Anybody have any experience with them? I'm particularly hard to fit it seems with a 12in calf and 19/20in heel-to-knee. But the Parlanti Small size I think is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!

I don't have any experience with the Parlantis, but I do with both Tuccis and Tenney's Semi-Customs. Tenney's Semi-customs are a great fit and really comfortable, but the Tuccis are a great fit, comfortable, and could double as tall boots if a zipper ever happened to break at a horse show. The Tuccis are really really pretty, and from about three feet away, look like tall boots.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

How much are the Tuccis and Tenneys? I'm only looking to spend around $200 at most. Thanks!

Tuccis are 250, and totally worth it, they're beautiful. Tenneys are 200, and are really comfortable, but aren't as pretty.

I also have the Tucci's. They are beautiful! BUT I cannot attest to how durable they are because, since purchasing them, I have been afraid to ride in (or use) them!! I figure I will be obligated to start using them when my Tredstep's die

I'm leaning towards the Tucci's. Where can I buy them online? The website has a 'shop" section but it won't work for me. Can't find them anywhere else either really. I may wait and see what custom places come to winter circuit, but the Tucci's are very very pretty!

I would say call hadfield's I know they carry them and are known for their good customer service. Or call LA saddlery depending on who you are closer to, or just whichever you prefer. My friend got her tuccis directly from the vendor.

okay thanks for your help!!

One more question, For the tucci half chaps i have a 31cm calf, which they have. But I am 41cm from the back of my heel to my knee. They don't offer this size, are half chaps measured from the back of the ankle where they start instead? Thanks!