The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for a horse named Royal Twosome...possibly in Kentucky(?)

Hello, everyone,

I am searching for a dark bay/black 18 year old son of Seattle Slew named Royal Twosome. He was seized by the sheriff in an abuse case in Texas and sold to two different parties the same week in September 2012. Rumor has it the party who actually got him has him in rehab in Kentucky. We just want to know what happened to him. Any info would be appreciated. He went through some horrible neglect and we are sad not knowing where he is now.

Thank you!

Default He is in Lexington KY Craigslist! Looks quite healthy!

look him up in Lexington KY Craigslist. For sale, looks in great health and says he got mares in foal this year. Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by manor View Post
    Hello, everyone,

I am searching for a dark bay/black 18 year old son of Seattle Slew named Royal Twosome. He was seized by the sheriff in an abuse case in Texas and sold to two different parties the same week in September 2012. Rumor has it the party who actually got him has him in rehab in Kentucky. We just want to know what happened to him. Any info would be appreciated. He went through some horrible neglect and we are sad not knowing where he is now.

Thank you!

1 members found this post helpful.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Default royal twosome

Quote Originally Posted by kyquarterhorse View Post
    look him up in Lexington KY Craigslist. For sale, looks in great health and says he got mares in foal this year. Hope that helps!
    He's now and forever living in Osceola Iowa. soon he'll be registered in the Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Assn.
    Also he'll be registered in the Iowa Quarter Horse Racing Assn. for the 2014 breeding season.
    I purchased him From a Mr. Brown near Nashville Tn. and yes he was bred to several mares under his ownership.
    I call him Pops and he has responded to that name so that's what we call him here in Clarke County He's gained a lot of weight and his demeanor has changed. He's very active now. Plays a lot, runs and bucks. Matter fact I seen this ol'man go from a lying down, came up off the ground straight up without even his front hooves hitting the ground and continued up till he was stand straight up on his back legs. damned if he then went into a fun buck around his pen,then he stopped looked dead at me as if to say " did ya see that I'm, the king here"
    yep Pops ain't going nowhere he's forever home..if interest you can look me up on FB under Doug Wineland and see him for yourself..
    ,has his pen mate a gray wild cat that hangs with Pops and we find Kitty sleeping on Pops from time to time

2 members found this post helpful.

he does look good, but the barbed wire and small enclosures make me shudder.
    Glad to know he has a forever home!

1 members found this post helpful.

mr. wineland, I am not on Face Book. Please send me contact info from this horse. Thank you.

He had a post on Jan 3rd on his facebook- Not sure what it meant...

"Stallion auction is tommarrow morning. Little helping prayer wouldn't hurt."

Like · Share

2 people like this.

Randy K Wright Prayers to you Doug!

January 3 at 3:09pm · Like

Doug Wineland Thank you Randy. Pops and I going to need the support.

January 3 at 3:11pm · Like · 1

Jan Schall Saying a prayer for you

January 3 at 3:14pm · Like · 1

Doug Wineland Thank you Jan.

January 3 at 3:15pm · Like · 1

Roxanne Rapp prayers!

January 3 at 5:34pm · Like · 1

Jeri Agan Harne prayers!

January 4 at 4:53am

I looked at the Mr Wineland's Facebook photos. No recent photos. Does anyone here know how I can contact Seattle Slew's owners, (if they are still living)?

Quote Originally Posted by manor View Post
    I looked at the Mr Wineland's Facebook photos. No recent photos. Does anyone here know how I can contact Seattle Slew's owners, (if they are still living)?
    The owners of Slew are still alive. You could send an email and or call Three Chimneys Farm where SS last stood before he died. http://www.threechimneys.com/
    Explain your reasons for wanting to contact them and if reasonable I would like to think they will pass it on. If the owners want to reply they will get back to you. They were very passionate about the horse.

It may not be relevant to the issue at hand, as Three Chimneys might pass the information along anyway. However, I would bear in mind that things did not end amicably between the Taylors and Three Chimneys. They wanted to stop breeding Slew, the owners didn't. He was moved to Hill 'n Dale, where he died and is buried.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver Breeze View Post
    It may not be relevant to the issue at hand, as Three Chimneys might pass the information along anyway. However, I would bear in mind that things did not end amicably between the Taylors and Three Chimneys. They wanted to stop breeding Slew, the owners didn't. He was moved to Hill 'n Dale, where he died and is buried.

While what you are saying is not entirely incorrect. I was not privy nor the fly on the wall at 3 Chimneys to confirm or correct. But I would be careful about passing on what you “hear on the streets” of Lexington. Having lived and made my living there as an bloodstock agent for 20 years I know things tend to get embellished.

I have known the Hills and Taylor’s for a long time. Not well, more so through my father who did and was a principle in Fasig Tipton up until the time of his death where they bought Slew.
    As I said, they were passionate about the horse and I will leave it at that.

OP if you should not get the desired response from 3 Chimneys then shoot an email to Hill N Dale. The owner is a friend and I also would like to think that the farm will get back to you.