The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TBFAN View Post
    Jenm, do you know how much the water pump costs? Is it fixed or mobile? I mean, could I store the water tank and pump in the back tack area?
    The pump is attached close to my water tank on the small ridge. I'll take a picture for you. My tank is in the far left corner of my DR. This is the pump I got, reasonably priced, and it's really quiet:

http://www.amazon.com/Shurflo-Water-...=rv+water+pump
    Last edited by jenm; Dec. 27, 2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: fixed quote and misspelling
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

1 members found this post helpful.

Not to hijack, but since we're discussing it, any ideas on organizing a trailer that JUST has a goodneck (no dressing room)?

I was given a much loved but OLD two horse GN this year. I hauled it for years and years while working for the now former boss. I LOVE this trailer (best hauling trailer I have ever pulled), but it was always a bit of a PITA to work out of. I have a few ideas, but just wondering if anyone works out of a similar trailer and if you had any tips!

It needs some road worthy work (it was left sitting for quite awhile) and a lot of cosmetic work, but I think once it is spruced up and I have a truck to tow it, it will be a nice little trailer for Toby and I, for now.

Just finished pimping my bumper pull dressing room. Put a wire shelf over the front windows 24" inches deep.4 folding chairs, small tent, and lunge whip live there and some other odds and end things. Makes for a great place to hang clothes and also took a closet rod put two eye bolts in it and hang my cooler off of it. Put a 12"x 24" mirror on one wall so I can see how pretty I am before dressage LOL!! Added several hooks throughout for hanging various stuff. Put anchor hooks around to strap down whatever I don't want to move. 12 volt outlet with 800 watt inverter, runs heater for now fan in the summer. Mounted a caddy thing on the door for brushes.
    I like to keep my dressing room neat and organized.
    If you are not using the rear tack area maybe that's a place to hide the water tank, of you don't plan on collapsing it. Water pump can run off 12 volt system and some you can mount right to the tank. Look around you may find one ready to go. RV sites may be helpful for that.

Every one MUST get one of these:

http://www.stanleytools.com/default....e+Work+Station

It is the most awesome thing ever. I get so many complements on it at horse trials and shows. Very durable too.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Judysmom View Post

It is the most awesome thing ever. I get so many complements on it at horse trials and shows. Very durable too.
    For a trailer, they are nice I bet. For a small tack room....not so much. When there's ten-twelve boarders in one 12 x 24 tack room, and two of them have Fat Maxes? Fine when they are closed, but take up a large amount of room when open. It was worse in Florida, with eight of us crowded into a 10 x 10 stall. We eventually got everyone converted over to tack trunks...

But I can see how they would be pretty great if you are working solo out of your trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Comedy View Post
    For a trailer, they are nice I bet. For a small tack room....not so much. When there's ten-twelve boarders in one 12 x 24 tack room, and two of them have Fat Maxes? Fine when they are closed, but take up a large amount of room when open. It was worse in Florida, with eight of us crowded into a 10 x 10 stall. We eventually got everyone converted over to tack trunks...

But I can see how they would be pretty great if you are working solo out of your trailer.
    Oh yeah, for trailer only. I take it out of the trailer to use it, its not heavy, and extend it. Holds an amazing amount of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbalism View Post
    I got several rubber mats(meant for the back of an suv) and put them on the floor of my dressing room. They cover almost the whole floor and when I pull them up to clean, my carpet is still in like new condition. I also have a smallish rag rug that I put at the door and this covers the main walking area of the dressing room. I just pull it up and shake it out to get the main amount of dirt out.
    Go to the hardware and buy a piece of aluminium angle. Drill a hole in each end and screw it to the running board in front of the dressing room door.

Then you can scrape mud or horse manure off your boots before you step on the DR floor.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned how nice one of those spring-loaded adjustable shower curtain rods can be for hanging jackets, coats and vests if your trailer doesn't have enough "hanging" room overhead. I don't need one in my current trailer but loved having one in my old one. I also hung one of those tiered hanging baskets from the shower curtain rod to hold little things that didn't fly around too easily. (rags, gloves, sponges, etc.)
    Click here before you buy.

That thing is awesome. Is it bad I'm already making my Christmas list for 2013?
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Oh I have this thing (the fatmax) and take it everywhere. It was MADE for OCD horse people, I am in mad love with it. It holds EVERYTHING.

My husband put up this plank system(he is a manager a lowes so thats where most of our stuff comes from) after watching me at an event trying to stay organized enough so I could find what I needed when I needed it. I was skeptical at first but it's very handy. The walls are bare right now because my mare is on her vaction of lameness and I didn't want to leave my good gear in the trailer over the winter. See the attched picture. But there are all kinds of different hooks that you can get for the system(at Lowes), and they just slide in, soo easy.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    "But I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep." Robert Frost

Eventing at Midnight Blog
    http://eventingmidnight.blogspot.com/

I had the Spray foam guy spray the ceiling of my Exiss Aluminun gooseneck; warm in winter, cool in summer $400 to get both the Dresing room and the hose portion done.

I am SO gettin' one of these!
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Quote Originally Posted by Outyougo View Post
    I had the Spray foam guy spray the ceiling of my Exiss Aluminun gooseneck; warm in winter, cool in summer $400 to get both the Dresing room and the hose portion done.
    I've been thinking about the spray foam for my aluminum Featherlite. The old Merhows had the spray foam insulation and it always seemed to work well. I need to find someone local and get a quote.

Here is what the water pump/tank look like. I took the pic with my iphone at night, so it's not great, but it gives you a good idea of how small the pump is.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ps2542892e.jpg

I'm blessed with a large DR with a full set up hooks across one side as well as extra storage, but I'm loving all the ideas others have posted.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cameraine View Post
    My husband put up this plank system(he is a manager a lowes so thats where most of our stuff comes from) after watching me at an event trying to stay organized enough so I could find what I needed when I needed it. I was skeptical at first but it's very handy. The walls are bare right now because my mare is on her vaction of lameness and I didn't want to leave my good gear in the trailer over the winter. See the attched picture. But there are all kinds of different hooks that you can get for the system(at Lowes), and they just slide in, soo easy.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Your link doesn't work. Sounds really cool though!
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

So for those who use the memory foam, do you like that better than the inflatable air mattress?

I love these ideas. Keep 'em coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by wildlifer View Post
    Oh I have this thing (the fatmax) and take it everywhere. It was MADE for OCD horse people, I am in mad love with it. It holds EVERYTHING.
    Now I want TWO: one for the barn, one for the trailer!

I have a 2 horse BP slant with front tack room. My hubby plasma cut a man door in the slant wall, put it on hinges and a lock. At shows,open the man door, sweep the shavings etc to the back of the trailer, Makes a very big changing area, bathroom, etc. I Love it!!. We have also slept in it on occasion on our queen size airmatress on a frame!! We put screens on the windows, 2 air vents in the top and also a eletric trailer jack to save our ever aging bodies. We also have 10 four foot panels that attach to the trailer to make a pen in case we are somewhere with no stalls. of couse we can only trailer one horse in that case because the panels go in the front stall along with the hay, etc.

Love this thread.

Here's what I've done with my 3 horse stock/slant combo gooseneck trailer with DRESSING ROOM:

- It's a custom Turnbow so came fully insulated AND with wood paneling on the walls and carpet on the floor and over the entire gooseneck area
    - Added slant corner water tank with on-demand pump like JenM's example. You also need to install a marine battery to run it so you don't need your trucks' LOVE THIS FEATURE - use it to rinse horses, for camping, even rinsing the trailer if a horse pees, if needed
    - I USE A MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS in the gooseneck sleeping area. LOVE IT. super low profile and comfy (just have a sheet over top and then use two sleeping bags for me and my sister to sleep up there)
    - Added a hanging homemade screen door with homemade roll-up strap to secure it (I camp out of my trailer alot so this is handy in summer)
    - Door organizer (this holds everything!)
    - Several of the 3M hooks that can just attach to my wood-panel walls (so I don't have to drill into them, and I can hang more stuff on them if needed)
    - Already have TONS of factory-equipped bridle hooks - use those for hanging lots of things

I don't have a ton of space in my dressing room, but it works for us. I too use a nice "welcome mat" to help keep things clean.

Usually, when camping, we have a big cooler and that serves as my step up to get into the bed area
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equine & Pet Portrait Artist
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**