The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did not get for free I paid for them with my personal money for my personal use.

Because I do not have any donations coming in and I did want anyone confusing my personal business with the rescue's. This is one reason I am closing the rescue because I am using so much ofmypersnal money. I still have a vet bill oer 1000.00 for 6 little dogs I took in and I will end up paying it out of my personal account. And I did not post about my rescue here. I was answering the questions about me and my rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeocrazy1 View Post
    You are so right rescues do NOT have to look for horses they are having to turn them away since the no slaughter bill passed and the economy went downhill.
    The no slaughter bill never passed?

1 members found this post helpful.

Trainwreck potential....
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Trainwreck potential....
    Maybe just one more opportunity to educate, no train wreck needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeocrazy1 View Post
    My name is Julie Rawls but no one uses or knows me by my legal name Julie, I go by CJ and I am the founder and president of Broken Heart Animal Rescue. I started ths rescue after I got back from Katrina. I only did Rottweilers for a few years and then started rescueing horses and ferrets. I broke my neck for the second time in August of 2009. A I live alone in Dime Box and not Austin and I have very little help with the care of the animals I do it most all by myself. With the shortage of help in this area and the law enforcement that does not seem to give a damn about the animals I decided to close the rescue. I have started competeing in Extreme Cowboy Racing and barrel racing again. I am doing some selective breeding with my horses. I have kept my horses even when the rescue was up and running full time. I have shut down the rescue website to save money even tho I still have a few dogs and ferrets to adopt out.All the horses hae been adopted out My vice president is listing them on her website. I can give anyone vet references and my 501 3C IRS number altho I have cenceled it. Any other ref. can also be given. I am legit and the rescue is not looking for horses. I am personally. They are two separate things. My email is still BHanimalrescue@verizon.net if anyone has anymore questions I will be glad to answer them.
    A twice broken neck and Extreme Cowboy Racing combined with barrel racing? Is that safe?

One of the most appropriate user names ever.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

3 members found this post helpful.

I didn't start this thread to create a trainwreck or bash session - just to research a potential buyer. I was comfortable selling my two beloved mares to this woman who showed up with cash and pulling a nice $120k Kieffer trailer. We all take risks when we ride - no point in condeming others. Thanks to all positive posters.
    www.crosscreeksporthorses.com
    Breeders of Painted Thoroughbreds and Uniquely Painted Irish Sport Horses in Northeast Oklahoma

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackerdog View Post
    A twice broken neck and Extreme Cowboy Racing combined with barrel racing? Is that safe?

I don't understand your concern. If that is what she chooses to do to pass her time, so what? And btw, kind of a silly question IMO.
    "How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?" Julian Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by crosscreeksh View Post
    I didn't start this thread to create a trainwreck or bash session - just to research a potential buyer. I was comfortable selling my two beloved mares to this woman who showed up with cash and pulling a nice $120k Kieffer trailer. We all take risks when we ride - no point in condeming others. Thanks to all positive posters.
    Meh, there are always a few here that want to create drama where there is none. Start a thread and some react like white on rice, or as we say here in Texas, flies on a manure pile.
    "How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?" Julian Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Crackerdog View Post
    Probably safer than eventing. Not that it is any of your concern what she does on her spare time.