The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default What kind of car do you drive?

Just wondering what everyone drives. Do you like it? I have a 2002 Honda Civic that I love to death. It has never had an issue in the 7 years I have owned it. I can afford to upgrade, but I'm not interested. My husband has an Accord that is pushing 200k and it's still going strong, too. After our experience I can't imagine owning anything other than a Honda for a passenger car (wish they'd make a truck capable of towing a horse trailer!)
    I saw the angel in the marble and I set him free. - Michaelangelo

1 members found this post helpful.

I have an '02 Ford Focus that I like quite a bit. I did have to get the motor mounts replaced two weeks ago and that make a big difference in the way it drives. No more vibration!!!

I also have an '92 Ford F250 diesel that I love. It has some old age issues but it's still a solid truck.

Quote Originally Posted by alabama View Post
    I have an '02 Ford Focus that I like quite a bit. I did have to get the motor mounts replaced two weeks ago and that make a big difference in the way it drives. No more vibration!!!

I also have an '92 Ford F250 diesel that I love. It has some old age issues but it's still a solid truck.
    Me too. I am a very petite female, and I get plenty of looks from people driving by I really like it, some battery issues, but still going super strong (better than our Suburban which is newer)

This winter, parked the Jeep and am driving the 94 Chev 3/4 ton - has more ground clearance for the snow we have.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

It's not my daily driver, but my heart vehicle is my '99 F250 PSD. It's in wonderful condition and runs like a top. You'd have to pry the keys from my cold dead hands to get me to give it up.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

2 members found this post helpful.

I have a 2004 Pontiac Vibe with 220,000+ miles on it. I drive A LOT. I like it, but it's terrible in the snow. I'm ready to upgrade. I'd like a Subaru Outback or a Honda CRV. I just don't want to have a car payment again. I had a rental Jeep Grand Cherokee which was heavenly, but so bad on the gas mileage. I've been paid off on my Vibe for so long I can't imagine having to shell out the $$$ every month again. Since I drive so much I can't do a lease either.
    Only dead fish go with the flow.

http://tommybluefoot.blogspot.com/

I have a 2001 Jetta. I've owned it for five years, and it's been a decent vehicle. I mostly enjoy it. It doesn't get the best gas mileage around so these days would I buy another one, no, but it's been a good car. I plan to run it til the wheels fall off, unless it starts nickel and diming me to the point that repairs + gas costs mean I would be better off trading it in on something newer.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

I had a 1989 Honda Prelude for 9 years -- traded it in on another car in 1998. It had 279K miles on it, and one of the employees at the dealership bought it for their 16 year old, because the mechanics there said it still had a lot of miles left on it!

I don't have a Honda anymore, but without a doubt, they are great cars!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by maigenesis View Post
    Me too. I am a very petite female, and I get plenty of looks from people driving by I really like it, some battery issues, but still going super strong (better than our Suburban which is newer)
    Battery issues are part of my truck's problem. I don't drive it every day - sometimes not even every week - so that's what I always chalked it up to. Just use a trickle charger when I know I'll need it if I hadn't driven it in a while. Which reminds me... I need to go get feed tomorrow. Better plug it up.

Default Jeep Grand Cherokee

First one I have ever owned and I adore it.
    I looked at a much newer one, and Well, Sticking with Jasper!!
    I am curious About a Toyota Rav 4. I have heard so many rave reviews from people that have them. They go forever, and well being the former owner of 2 Toyotas with over 150 thousand miles I believe.. But I adore my Jeep!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

2007 Jeep Patriot. It was cheap ($15k new), FWD and a manual transmission (because I have always driven a stick.) It's roomy and totes my 3 dogs nicely on long trips. It's actually a pretty comfortable drive and other than one $300 repair job in the last 95k miles, it's been mechanically sound.

Putting around town I get 28 mph, 31-32 when I travel on the freeway, and when I used to spend summers in Colorado at 9,000 feet, I got 34!
    Last edited by glfprncs; Dec. 26, 2012 at 03:45 PM.
    Random horse pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/glfprncs/
    Talk to me about fitness or nutrition (I'm an A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer)!
    My blog! http://personalsweatequity.blogspot.com/

I drive a 2005 Subaru outback 3.0 sedan. It's pushing 140,000 miles at this point and we've done nothing but normal maintenance to it. The gas mileage isn't so wonderful but I love that its AWD. I go anywhere in it and I've never been stuck.
    It has foofy leather seats which I'm not a fan of, I don't like to stick to the seats in the summer, but other than that its a great ride.

I drive a 2012 Toyota Prius. I had an 03 Dodge Stratus that I adored for several years, but pumped almost $10k worth of repairs into it over a 4 year period. The transmission blew out this fall (for the second time, and the car had less than 75k miles on it) while I was on the highway, at which point my [VERY generous] parents decided it was time to scrap that car and put me in something safer and more reliable. I get around 50 miles per gallon in the Prius and love it!

93 F-150, Buffy is a great truck, but my BF has a 94 Pontiac Grand Prix and I drive it a lot.
    Strange how much you've got to know Before you know how little you know. Anonymous

We have a 2010 Tundra, a 2007 Accord, and a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Old & paid for ...

Oh, hosspuller, me too.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Subaru Forester '07 model that I bought new (only new vehicle I've ever had!). My second Subaru and I love it--AWD, 30mph on the highway and no mechanical issues so far. Zippy, lots of room, sits up higher than a sedan, very safe. I also have an F350 ('99) that I like...don't love it. V10 gas engine makes me cry every time I start it up. Huge pulling power, huge payload, huge gas bill. I would leap with joy if someone dropped a Chevy Silverado 8 foot long bed Duramax diesel extra cab in its place!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

I haul the horses with a '99 dodge ram 2500 that I got w 80,000 miles on it.

My commuter car is a 2004 Mercedes E500 I got w 100,000+ miles.

In the garage is a '95 BMW 325i w about 100,000 miles on it that currently has no plates bc I don't feel like insuring three cars.

All have been great but the first oil change on the Benz, which apparently takes 8 quarts of dom perignon, was a surpriiiiise!

2007 Audi A4

Big truck is an 2007 (I think?) GMC 3500 diesel dually.