The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Bobby's bridle pelham set help

Thought maybe someone could help me here. I am having a hell of a time finding a matching pelham rein set for my Bobby's bridle. I can't seem to find matching colors! At TackZone.com. I found the flat curb rein in 1/2" in dark brown, but the 5/8" snaffle laced rein in only regular brown. Anyone know where I can find both in dark brown? I'm searching all over and can't seem to find what I want!

Why does the curb rein need to be Bobby's? I'd just find any flat curb rein that matches and call it a day—or you could oil the lighter rein (and bridle) to match the darker color.

Also forgot to add that I needed a new snaffle rein overall as well - the oversize bridle fits, but the reins I currently have are way too long- I need to get a shorter length. I just wanted the two reins to have the same leather type and color without having to oil to match, just to make it easier on me. Silly, but I want them to look at least roughly the same. They don't *have* to be Bobby's, but I at least want the leather to be similarish.

Personally I don't worry about matching exactly, as long as everything is roughly the same shade. Since you need both a new curb and a new snaffle rein, just buy any nice brown shade that is similar to the headstall. If you're looking for dark brown, I would go with Hadfields, they always have curb reins available, so does Edgewood if you don't mind oiling a little to darken the color.

If Hadfields isn't in your budget, did you check JustBridles.com? Maybe they can help.

Tha Ridge- hadn't looked there yet. But it was the single snaffle rein I couldn't find in dark brown, not the curb- everywhere I did see it, it was out of stock. Oddly enough that was my trouble. I'll poke around that site to see if I can find it.

SmartPak has a curb rein for about $30, dark brown - it doesn't say in the description, but it's Bobby's.

My Bobby's bridle is the one I use with my pelham too, it came with a snaffle rein, and I'm sure you could contact Bobby's and order a snaffle rein from them. As for curb rein, I have a tredstone one that I like a lot.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

Nancy at Rock horse Ranch Tack special ordered Bobby's reins for me in the length, width, and color I wanted. You might check with her.

http://rockhorseranch.webs.com/

Nancy is AWESOME; I should've mentioned her in my first post. Just bought my Bobby's wide noseband bridle from her and she is great and has a great relationship with the folks at Bobby's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    Nancy is AWESOME; I should've mentioned her in my first post. Just bought my Bobby's wide noseband bridle from her and she is great and has a great relationship with the folks at Bobby's.

Thanks to both of you for this rec! I just may go through her.