The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone have the Riding Sport plaid full seat breeches?

I'm convincing myself to order a pair, but am paranoid since I can't try them on. I imagine since it's a closeout, it's probably final sale. Are they true to sizing? I don't want to order my size and then not be able to squeeze even a calf in .
    Thoroughbreds: classic

Turn. N. Burn.

I have a pair of the Euro Collection plaid. I've had them for about 6 years. I would say they are true to size, or were when I got them. They're a little snug now, but I don't think that is the breeches fault

I have a pair of the Riding Sport full seat breeches and LOVE them! I can attest to the fact that they are at least true to size, if not a little roomier because I can get my calf in them. I have small ankles and small knees, but muscular calves from lots of running and cycling. I have a hard tiem finding breeches that fit properly because most are either too tight in the calf area or have seams there which are really uncomfortable.

Leave it to CotH. I swear, I can have a random question about anything, and there is always someone to answer. Thanks, y'all!
    Thoroughbreds: classic

Turn. N. Burn.

I'm pretty sure Dover takes returns even on closeouts. But you will pay shipping back and forth and we all know with Dover, shipping cost can be !

I have the plaid full seats and was pleasantly surprised by how well I liked them. Nice fabric. I actually thought they ran a bit small enough that I went up a size from my normal. Maybe the reviews on Dover's site would be helpful.

They must have improved a lot- I had a pair of Riding Sport full seat plaids about 15 years ago. The color washed out & faded to an entirely different color in just a couple washes, & the full seat fabric got all loose & wrinkly & baggy.

I have 3 pair & I love them.

Ours must've been defective. We just got a pair for The Birthday Girl and when she tried them on yesterday, they were super narrow and long...almost weird. The Birthday Girl was so disappointed b/c she loffed them otherwise! So we're headed to Raleigh for an exchange so we don't have to do the crazy Dover Saddlery Shipping Exchange Dance!

I have a couple. I went up a size and really enjoy them. I'm 5'4" and they are longish, but not too long.