The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default "Bones" and" The Closer"?

Anyone else out there love these shows? I don't watch much TV (we only have an antenna on the roof, no dish, cable or sattelite). But, I am hooked on these shows. Hubby gave me Season 1 of Bones for Christmas and I already have Season 2 and 5. Now I need my Closer fix. Don't usually post much, but I'm avoiding going out and mucking this morning and feeling lazy.
    "You post all your drama on Facebook and get mad when people judge you? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I stopped watching Bones ages ago. It became too repetitive and many of the episodes are very stand-alone in their plot. I need an ongoing story to keep my interest these days.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

I enjoy Bones when it's on. I never really got into the Closer. We LOVE NCIS (the original) here. I can't get enough of Tony.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

I enjoyed the first season of Bones, then got bored with it. But the Closer? I could watch The Closer all day long and never get enough. I especially love the comic episodes they did every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

at work and the barn...middle of nowhere PA

I LOVE Bones! I've been watching it on Netflix for the past few weeks and really enjoy it. Then again, I love David Boreanaz and pretty much everything he does is great with me!

Because of Bones LMEqT wants to be a forensic anthropologist and has even mapped out her college/graduate school course LOL. She loves it.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Love the Closer, Bones not so much. Also reccomend the original NCIS, not the spin off.

Default The Closer is one of my all time faves

I have seen every single episode multiple times. They have a website at TNT, but it probably isn't so active since the show is no longer on air at a normal time. The re runs are on, here at 1 or 2 am. If you have a dvr, go for it. I LOVE me some closer!
    Another killer of threads

I don't watch either of those very often (just Bones occasionally), but I do watch a whole heck of a lot of Criminal Minds, CSI, and Law & Order (all varieties).

Pretty sure I've watched enough crime/FBI dramas that I'm basically an agent now.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

1 members found this post helpful.

I like Bones but really like the books better. I watch the Closer occasionaly and I like it. We love NCIS!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bones. I think the 1st season was the best...then her acting changed and she's a bit more corny now.
    well, in general the whole thing is corny.

What I find curious is that the actors have no idea what they are saying. (I watch all the extras on the season DVDs -- yup I have them all on DVD too)
    That's my line of understanding so it's funny that as an actor they are actually looking at parts and have no idea what they actually are.

Also, I caught them say Tibula one time. lol. that cracked me up for days.

A lot of my friends think I am much like Bones. So that must be why I can relate to the show.
    A little too literal sometimes. And I have that blank stare that I give people when they aren't making sense. The one where people think I'm looking at them like I think they are total idiots but what I'm really doing is trying to make sense of what they said in my wee little objective brain.
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

I love both of those shows. I'm sorry The Closer is over, but really glad they had an ending. Series that stop suddenly suck. The other one that I thought had a great ending was the one with the US Marshall named Mary. I just finished Life on Mars, loved it. Netflix is my friend.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

Quote Originally Posted by EqTrainer View Post
    Because of Bones LMEqT wants to be a forensic anthropologist and has even mapped out her college/graduate school course LOL. She loves it.
    I adore the show Bones, just like CSI and Criminal Minds but better! (In my opinion ) But, as someone just wrapping up my degree in anthropology, I will warn that it is 1000 % fabricated and inaccurate! And not just the computer stuff, but declaring someone is a half-Asian 42 year old woman by briefly examining a skull? Certainly not possible ! Anthropology can be a very interesting and engaging subject matter, it's just completely un-glamorous and doesn't work the sort of miracles depicted on the show. In fact, anthropologists hardly make ANY definitive conclusions as a result of their research--it's practically the point of the discipline .

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

I can't watch any of them anymore, once they "hook up" it is so over...
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

I watched Closer until it ended. Never got into Bones; I see it occasionally if it's on and I'm bored, but I don't follow it.

Now Criminal Minds, I've found that I can easily follow the plot with the sound on mute while I'm running on my treadmill. I like the show, so it might be that I've seen enough of them to follow a sound-free story?
    That, or it's just that formulaic *shrug*

I liked the early seasons of Bones. The newer ones, not so much.

Castle is also a good one. Again, the first few seasons were the best.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Quote Originally Posted by SillyHorse View Post
    I enjoyed the first season of Bones, then got bored with it. But the Closer? I could watch The Closer all day long and never get enough. I especially love the comic episodes they did every now and then.
    I can never figure out when The Closer is on TV. Anyone help me out? I haven't seen many episodes but the ones I've seen I really like.
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

I liked the first and second season of Bones, but then they started getting into the personal lives of the characters more, and I stopped watching.

I loved the Closer and watch the reruns, and I like how it ended. I didn't like the whole mole in the squad ending though. I really thought it would turn out to be Pope because he always thought Brenda would come back to him, but then it turned out to be someone they barely introduced doing the squealing-that was a let down for me.

Eqine Studies-either go to the TNT website and see if it will let you search the schedule, or try TV guide.com to see if you can find the information on there.

OK-go to tnt.tv, click on Shows at the top, or go to the CLoser block on the front page, click on Closer. On the About tab on the Closer page, click on Upcoming Episodes, and you'll see the name and when it airs.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

I love Bones and Castle, though I think they've both jumped the shark... Did anyone watch Lie To Me? I really loved that one and wish it was still on...
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II