The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default county saddles...

I have a county competitor dressage saddle that is a wide, and fits my TB very well, but I am looking for another jump saddle and sense I know the county fits him and me, I am looking for another.

Does anyone know what style jump saddle would most likely work best for us, and the tree size?

I really like the innovation but I've heard the tree fits wide, thanks so much!

I think comfort level for the rider is a personal decision. I will say that all of the County trees run wide; so a medium really fits like a MW or W.

I have a medium Stabilizer that's too wide for any horse I've put it on; I'm going to be selling it soon for that reason.

Now, I also have a Symmetry that I love and it's a narrow. Fits everything from a chunky large pony to a large shark finned wither TB mare. It probably wouldn't fit a rounder warmblood type. I love this saddle, it's more of a forward flap and more like an "eventing" saddle IMO.

1 members found this post helpful.

I know the tree on the Innovation is most similar to the Perfection. So I would say not the Innovation. Those are the ones that works with my horse and the county rep said were alike.

I have both a medium and wide tree stabilizer. I don't think the medium tree is overly wide. It seems to fit a lot of horses IMO.
    Oh my god - she's gone and got the eventing bug! I will send you some antibiotics! Take the entire bottle and do two hunter shows and it will pass!

I also have an ecogold pad that I use under my dressage saddle and would like to continue using under my jump saddle, whatever that may be.

I would call your county rep and ask them for advice. They should be able to tell you what tree size of what saddle would fit similarly. I have a Conquest and LOVE it. It's a M, and with a Mattes pad, fits my MN TB well. To me the tree is not overly wide, but I know one of the jump saddles does run wide, thinking maybe the Stabilizer. Good luck!