The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

My husband gave me a cap to a hunt I hadn't gone out with in a long time. He is wonderful!

1 members found this post helpful.

I asked hubby about a kitten, he says I'd rather you buy a saddle...love him dearly.

Love this thread! Everyone's family and friends are so generous.

My favorite present from my DH this year was a library card! I LOVE to read and had been meaning to get one since I moved a year ago, but never got around to it. His thoughtfulness with that one was amazing! He also had a calendar made for me with pictures of our sweet little dog, which was just hilarious and adorable. I got some neat little kitchen gadgets, like a batter dispenser so I don't make a total mess when making muffins, and a pizza cutter. My mom surprised me with new (gorgeous!) paddock boots, a lunging surcingle, and some amazing high-quality spices for cooking. She even got my dog a plaid turnout coat from smartpak! My sweet, sweet MIL got me a whole bunch of jewelery and gift certificates for clothes, since she knows any spare cash goes to my furry "kids," she really wanted me to have some things just for me. I received a bunch of other things from my family too, and everyone was just so thoughtful and generous! I also LOVED giving everyone their presents and watching their reactions. Definitely the BEST part of Christmas!!! Love love love finding and giving gifts that people need, love, and appreciate!
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE

I got a nice dive computer from my folks I can't wait to test it out, maybe in Hawaii in a couple of months.
    Also a power hand drill and a whole bunch of drill bits. I was doing fine with the non-power tool set dad gave me several years ago, but hanging new curtain rods defeated me. So yay power drill!

I got super spoiled with a pair of Dubarrys and a new Charles Owen that I am thrilled about. But the best part was going for my first solo trail ride on my greenie and her being brave enough to go for a gallop in the snow. It's nice to receive things, but nothing can beat a good gallop.

I had the best Christmas ever because my family honored the pact of just small gifts and charitable donations I got lots of small horse-themed gifts. My biggest gift was a new pair of Mizuno running shoes from my husband. On the 24th, I went to my sporting goods store and bought myself a new North Face jacket on sale at 1/2 price

Honestly, though we are not rich, I have too many things, from all the electronic gadgets to a jewelry box full of really nice jewelry I almost never wear.

Like the typical baby in the family, my young horse got the most gifts, all from barn buddies (who gave me nothing at all )

Just bought a gel manicure kit from Ulta! Kit was $80, but pays for itself in 2.5 salon appointments. I'm a permanent make-up artist, so I try to keep my hands looking good( with 3dogs,horse,6 acres,etc) . The gel is almost like a plastic and lasts for at least 10 days.

I just spent my $50 of amazon gift cards today:

I got with my cards:

Purple Cellphone Case
    Purple Butterfly Sleeve For My Kindle
    3 Pack Screen Protectors
    The 80 Dollar Show Jumper Book
    A Horse To Remember Book

A new waffle iron (Krups), since hubby LOVES waffles (well, guess it's a joint gift from him to both of us - lol!) & I have always been waffle-impaired. This baby - a Belgian waffle maker - is DA BOMB! Made waffles for yesterday morning's breakfast & they were golden & crispy on the outside, light & fluffy on the inside. And in only 4 minutes!!

Also a slew of food/cookbooks that I did not yet have - which is a major coupe for hubby, since I'm a cookbook collector & have hundreds. So no repeats is amazing.

In addition to the foodie stuff, I also received a really nice Canon all-the-bells-&-whistles camera, a bunch of dvds I wanted, & some snuggly fleecy winter items (hoodie, hat, socks, etc..

All in all - a pretty damn good haul.

I had a great christmas...got the one thing I really wanted which was a trail camera so I can find my bear! I really didn't need much as I've been downsizing, but also got some fun video games, much needed towels for the hot tub, some door curtains which I needed, dog collars leashes and bowls, and a bunch of little stuff...overall a very good christmas!