The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Smithwicks, we discovered it this year in Ireland. I was jumping up and down in the grocery store the day after we got home because I can get it here.

Yesterday DH's uncle gave us a case of it for Christmas. A pale, Irish ale, darker than my standard, Bud Light, but not so dark like many European beers.

1 members found this post helpful.

I've been enjoying Blue Moon seasonals....anything light with a citrus note is right up my alley. I also have a great Blue Moon cupcake recipe.
    Random horse pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/glfprncs/
    Talk to me about fitness or nutrition (I'm an A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer)!
    My blog! http://personalsweatequity.blogspot.com/

Blue Moon cupcake recipe?! I need to hear about that one!

I am a beer girl and will drink almost any kind, but my favorite continues to be New Belgium's Fat Tire. Mmmmmmm!
    BDC

Alexander Keith's IPA or Guinness
    Freedom is the ability not to care what the other person thinks...

Got air?! Member of the Asthmatic Riders Clique

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Yonder View Post
    Shiner Bock. And the brewery is only 45 minutes away.
    Jealous... Shiner's my fave easy-drinking everyday beer. Love it, but we can't get it in NY--I always stock up when we're visiting in-laws in Ohio.

Depending on the time of year, we drink a pretty wide variety... Belgians year-round; now it's heavier tripels and quads and so on... I like Ommegang's 3 Philosophers in the winter... Southern Tier Pumking in the fall, plus a lot of Octoberfests... bock beers in the spring...

My current fave is Tsarina Esra, a Hungarian imperial porter, but sadly that's $11 for a small bottle so I only get it rarely...

Quote Originally Posted by shakeytails View Post
    Molson Golden. I just finished one. It's been my favorite beer since I was a teenager, Mom would bring me a case when she came for parent's day when I was in college many many years ago!
    Of the whole list of beers, this is the ONLY one that I have tasted. Was my favourite way back when. The rest, I have never even heard of save for Guiness and Alexander Keith's; Guiness I tried and couldn'g get past the smell, Keith's only from TV commercials.

I am so old that the beers I used to enjoy no longer exist: Bohemian, Calgary, Black Label......
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Quote Originally Posted by mybeau1999 View Post
    Blue Moon cupcake recipe?! I need to hear about that one!
    Here you go!! Blue Moon Cupcakes....

http://www.missmake.com/2011/08/blue-moon-cupcakes.html
    Random horse pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/glfprncs/
    Talk to me about fitness or nutrition (I'm an A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer)!
    My blog! http://personalsweatequity.blogspot.com/

The only "beer" I like to drink is hard cider. But my husband loves Shiner Black, Blue Moon, UFO, and most things made by Saint Arnold's,

I like darker beers, so Legend Brown Ale is my fav! Made in Richmond!

Love Fat Tire, but it plays havoc with my sinuses , so I only drink it about once a year More often I drink Stella Artois, and for every day summer slavery I just stock the fridge in the barn with Coors light. Most of my friends don't like it, so not much mooching ...Yay!
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

I'm a pretty pedestrian beer drinker. I really like Killian's Irish Red and Blue Moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzieQNutter
    The whip is held across your thigh so as you can still hold the reins without spilling your coffee!!
    SillyHorse adds: Or your wine.

Yuengling, without question!! I also like Harp Lager, and am always stocked up on Limeys!!!

Wachusett Blueberry, hands down!

Pyramid Hefeweizen, Seven Bride's Oatmeal Ellie (stout), Rogue Hazelnut Brown
    It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Yuengling is my usual fall-back, but I get it only when I'm up in PA or the now-yearly summer beach trip to FL. I love the local brewery here in southern MS, Lazy Magnolia. Their Indian Summer (wheat ale) is similar to Blue Moon but better. And there's nothing like their Southern Pecan (nut brown ale made with roasted pecans). Good news is that they're now expanding their market into LA, TX, GA, FL, and TN!

Blue Moon... I like a lot of different beers, but this one's like coming home. Only Sam Adams Octoberfest will sway me (when its in season.) Then there's Mike's Cranberry Lemonade when its hotter'n'hades at the barn...boy is it getting thirsty in here or is it me?
    What I lack in preparedness I make up for in enthusiasm

I'm not a big beer fan in that I'm not interested in trying all the strange beer "flavors" out there now. I pretty much stick with the ones I've been used to for decades now. Being Czech, Pilsners were always a family favorite, and I generally lean towards European-style "beery" beers, as I like the flavor. So I like Heineken, St. Pauli Girl, Guinness, & Yuengling Porter. Moosehead isn't bad either. And nice ice-cold Sapporo really hits the spot when we're enjoying sushi/sashimi or blow-the-top-of-your-head off Szechuan.

Red Oak.

If I'm looking for something inexpensive, I'll buy Yuengling. Yuengling's light beer is pretty good when I'm thinking about calories.
    Only one cat - must not be totally crazy yet!

Ninkasi Total Domination IPA, Guinness...

I used to love Rainier pounders (RIP).

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaMockingbird View Post
    The only "beer" I like to drink is hard cider. But my husband loves Shiner Black, Blue Moon, UFO, and most things made by Saint Arnold's,
    I enjoyed Beemers, I think that is spelled right, in Ireland also. Best in the middle of the day after a fast beach ride.