The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not today. Woke up way late from Midnight Mass and laying out presents, then had dinner with relatives 70 miles away.

Yesterday took DD to shop for a new helmet and breeches, then dropped by the barn to pick up tack for cleaning at home. Barn was quiet as church and all the horses were in so took Bacon out to do a quick hack around the indoor while DD played around with the barn cat.

Blizzard conditions forecast for tomorrow, as well as freezing rain towards the barn, so probably won't ride again until Thursday. Will probably take Bacon out in the snow and see what he thinks.

Unfortunately had a family dinner to attend. I work night shift and had to work Christmas eve and tonight, so sleep was definitely needed in there somewhere.

Yep. Good ride. Took spooky Arab to Equestrian Center. He was "looky" but my shirt stayed clean.

1 members found this post helpful.

I've been home with the flu since Christmas Eve.

I did, yesterday - bareback on a filthy horse, and it was wonderful.

We did ! First time ponying my daughter. Was so exciting, my dream come true!
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

I didn't. I used to ride on Christmas before my son was born, and while he was too little to care. But now he's 8 (and totally uninterested in the horses) so we spent the day together cooking and playing board games.

When he's a teenager, and "too cool" for that sort of thing I'll probably go back to riding on Christmas, but for now I'll hang out with the kiddo
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

I will be today! Holiday rush is handled, back to the barn.

Today. Need to get back in the saddle before a big clinic tomorrow.

Figure the BO deserves a break from boarders on Christmas Day, although I certainly would ride otherwise.

I did not ride on Christmas but did continue on with the tradition of helping my BO feed. It is so nice a quiet with no one but us around. I love it.

I got a wonderful ride in before the storms came rolling through. Cloudy with a bit of sun peeking through, breezy but warm. Riding in short sleeves on Christmas Day was a new experience for me.

No riding for me. Day started with snow (early morning we had a White Christmas!) then poured buckets of rain. 1.25" for the day, with wind whipping up waves in the water ponding in my arena. Plus I was (and still am) sick.

Hoping the forecast for dry next few days is correct and I can kick this bug in time to take advantage. They all got pony pops for the holiday, with a sugar free version for the IR horse. And I made 36 dozen horse cookies for them and my retired horse and his buddy, who live elsewhere. I could cook for them while sick as I didn't have to worry about passing it on!