The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wow. Bummer. Mine are exactly like that, but really nice 3-D definition--clear legs and detail.

I just looked at my all breeds from this year, and it's just like that, though. I looked at some of the ones I have from years past, and all of them are like that.

Do the All-Breeds medals look the same as the rider achievement medals? I earned a silver All-Breeds medal and my bronze this year, and last week, I received a package from USDF that had a bronze medal, with a piece of paper that congratulating me for my All-Breed Award. I'm wondering if they goofed something up and this is actually my bronze, or if I got the wrong All-Breeds Medal. My rider is also lacking his lower legs.

My Adequan-USDF/All Breeds medals are pewter (gray/silver) with the USDF saluting rider emblem raised on it (minus legs! LOL!!!) and the legend "United States Dressage Federation - All Breeds Award" around the edge, and are on a small blue silk (neck?) ribbon that says "Adequan/USF All Breeds 2011 Champion." (I assume this is only for 1st place in the All Breeds divisions. In my case, 1st at TL for Open/Vintage/Ammy)

The All Breeds is the same logo, but it's just a raised flat image with no definition and the ribbon.

The rider achievement medals are the same image with 3-D, though apparently the newer ones have no rider legs and have lost a lot of detail.

The freestyle medal rider awards are smaller rectangle pins that have the raised flat image of the logo on it with whatever you call music notes and lines.

Got mine last week. Looks like there is a boot/ stirrup outline....

Anyone know where the awards are made? Specifically, the ones where the riders have no legs?

Have those of you who received these faulty awards registered a complaint with USDF? Perhaps if they are made aware the awards are defective, they won't order from that supplier again.

China, probably. The lapel pins are labeled that way, the awards are not labeled, so I'm guessing. Funny thing, the smaller lapel pins have more detail (though poorly executed) than the awards medals.

I emailed USDF about it and was blown off. I was nice about it and sort of hoped they'd offer to replace the defective medal. They say they know about it and are working to fix the problem in the FUTURE. Gee, thanks a lot, USDF. How about paying attention to quality control and holding your supplier responsible?

Why go all the way to China? Isn't there someone here who can make good quality awards for not much money? Sheesh, for what I spent EARNING the award, I'd expect USDF to present a defect-free medal.
    Last edited by ThreeFigs; Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: for clarity.

1 members found this post helpful.

not only the money you spend earning the award then you have to pay to get the award

I just noticed my Dover medals ( Adult Ami Medals) have a different type impression, but one is legless, one better defined.

And yes, there are plenty of American manufacturers who could likely produce the same medals in better quality.
    _\\\\]
    -- * > hoopoe

www.meanderingwa.blogspot.com

So is anyone else still waiting for their award?

I am.

I got my ribbons and prizes from the registry, but nothing yet from USDF.

-Gigha
    River Oaks Farm - home of the Elite Book Friesian Sporthorse Grand Prix dressage stallion Lexington - sire of four consecutive FSA National Inspection Champions. Endorsing the FSA.

Hope this isnt too much OT, and I apologize if it is. I have a horse that placed third in the All Breed Adequant Award, so does that mean she will receive a Bronze? I must admit with all the award possibilities and the registeries I get myself confused .

the bronze silver gold most of us are talking about are rider awards

You breed registry will tell you what their awards are.
    _\\\\]
    -- * > hoopoe

www.meanderingwa.blogspot.com

Thanks

Hey guys,

Just fwiw when USDF redid their logo a few years ago the new logo didn't translate well when new medals were ordered. I would call them and let them know that you don't like how they turned out and maybe if enough contact them they will do something about it. I know it was brought to the managements attention but it wasn't a manufacturing defect...it was due to the new logo

Bigpainthorse + two minis

Quote Originally Posted by andylover View Post
    Hope this isnt too much OT, and I apologize if it is. I have a horse that placed third in the All Breed Adequant Award, so does that mean she will receive a Bronze? I must admit with all the award possibilities and the registeries I get myself confused .
    I think the medals are only for the "Champion" in each All Breed division/category. If you want your certificate for placing third you will have to, as USDF so kindly told me, "print it off the internet." They don't even mail them anymore. They used to be pretty with a gold seal and a little ribbon held by the seal. Then they were just printed, no seal, no ribbon. NOW you print them off the internet. If you have a color printer, at least they'll be two color........

Medals are for Champion & Reserve in All Breeds (the reserve is on a red ribbon). Not sure if they send one for 3rd place or not.

Quote Originally Posted by andylover View Post
    As others have mentioned - Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals are rider awards. From the USDF website - Rider medals (bronze, silver, and gold) are awarded based on attaining the required scores at the necessary levels. Please visit the USDF Competitor and Member Guide for more information.

Adequan/All-Breed awards are supplied by participating registries, and each registry determines what its awards consist of – whether a special rosette, neck sash, certificate, trophy, plaque, leather halter, cooler, saddle pad, etc. The registry also determines the number of placings and divisions they will award – some award up to 3 placings in a division, others may award up to 5 placings in a division, etc.

You can see a list of participating registries here - http://www.usdf.org/awards/all-breeds/organizations.asp . Scroll down to find your registry, and then contact the person named as the awards chair to find out what your award is and when you can expect to receive it.

I think I found the confusion. As DownYonder states, the bronze, silver and gold medals are the rider awards.

However, USDF also gives out medals to All-Breeds award winners, as follows:

"First and second place winners at each level in the “open” category will receive a custom cast USDF medal. ◦For optional categories that the PO has chosen to recognize first place winners will also receive a custom cast USDF medal as will second place winners if recognized by the PO.
    Other prizes may be given by the PO at their discretion.
    Only up to second place in any “open” or “optional” recognized category will be awarded on stage at the Adequan®/USDF Annual Convention."

It's entirely possible that USDF is using the same style medals to give out in both programs.

DownYonder - USDF does recognize all breed winners & reserve with neck medals (on blue & red ribbons). The breed registry awards usually are mailed after the convention (if you don't pick up in person). I forgot that USDF sends out neck medals, until I went to put them away & found a medal from a previous year....they say USDF all breeds on them.

Default Anyone else get duplicates?

I received my All-Breed Award (First Level/Ammy) the week before Christmas. I was puzzled because there were two awards in the box, both exactly the same, neck medals on blue sashes. Has anyone else received dupes?
    Last edited by duecavalle; Jan. 2, 2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: more details.