The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

GG, thank you for stepping up and taking action. Major kudos to you!

I've got my fingers and toes crossed that OP is now in the proper hands. Surely, there has to be someone who will take the time to really get to he bottom of what is going on with her and make sure she gets the treatment she needs, instead of just keeping her for 48 hours and sending her on her merry way. We just need one person who *really* cares--I know there are plenty if them in the medical profession, so hopefully they will find their way to Iz.

Let's keep jingling and sending positive vibes to Iz. Maybe our collective COTH power can make a difference.

1 members found this post helpful.

Good going GG! I was sort of stuck not knowing how to start.

With the lead provided, I have Iz's FB page and COTH usual alter. I will NOT divulge the COTH alter but if anyone can suggest something I can do with it that is useful and productive and KIND, let me know. FB of course has "friends" but hard to gauge closeness.
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

Way to go, JoZ. Amazing what people can do. I'm sure all of you good people near her will keep on it.

thank you all for the kudos, however, this is not about me, it's about Izanalter, I didn't do anything that many of you wouldn't have done, I jsut happened to do it "first".........something weird compelled me to read her thread yesterday, for the first time, and then I just couldn't -not- call........

sending cards (and maybe chocolate and flowers) is a good idea, as well as maybe touching base with someone who knows her IRL to check and see where she is??? even if it is the ex??

GG the ex is still listed at that address but I have his name, and will PM you. Someone with same name is listed nearby, but I'll have to join something to get that info. Well, I'm torn as to whether or not to contact the ex. He went through a lot with OP for 2 or 3 yrs, and he maybe at the end of his rope as well from all the emotional turmoil.

OP has some beautiful horses. Maybe some cothers need one or two of them? That would take some pressure off of OP. Although I understand she has had some of the giveaway forum.

I wish I knew the name of OP's father. Surely he has some love for her. Maybe if he knew this was so serious, he'd bail her out financially with some provisions to downsize her horses and farm.

Off topic during the holidays is very depressing! I wish more people were happy.

GG I am so sorry about your husband's ordeal. I have bone marrow and blood if he needs it and if we are compatible.

Hormones. We ARE chemical beings. Trust me.

Let it all go and do what you can each day.

(((HUGS)))
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ― Albert Einstein

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    GG the ex is still listed at that address but I have his name, and will PM you. Someone with same name is listed nearby, but I'll have to join something to get that info. Well, I'm torn as to whether or not to contact the ex. He went through a lot with OP for 2 or 3 yrs, and he maybe at the end of his rope as well from all the emotional turmoil.

OP has some beautiful horses. Maybe some cothers need one or two of them? That would take some pressure off of OP. Although I understand she has had some of the giveaway forum.

I wish I knew the name of OP's father. Surely he has some love for her. Maybe if he knew this was so serious, he'd bail her out financially with some provisions to downsize her horses and farm.

Off topic during the holidays is very depressing! I wish more people were happy.

GG I am so sorry about your husband's ordeal. I have bone marrow and blood if he needs it and if we are compatible.

pm'd you back. if someone can find the ex's email, I would send him the link to this thread. as I said in my pm, in some ways I hesitate to do too much, but if it saves her life and gets her to the other side of the darkness, ............. maybe nothing is too much?

~~~ thank you for the offer of bone marrow!! are you a donor?? if you call the national registry, they will send you a kit, all you do is swab your cheek and send it back..........

I'm very happy to come here this morning and see what's happened. GG, well done. I hope this is a first step in the right direction for the OP. I live in a country that has a very high suicide rate. One of my clients had her ex boyfriend commit suicide over the weekend. She was with him 6 years. I just really feel for anyone feeling so hopeless. I really don't think they want to make people feel bad and I've never saw the OP or anyone in this way. Thankfully GG stepped up to the plate and did something that could be the stepping stone to her future. I think for the last 2 years I've dealt with too many friends dealing with the effects of suicide. It's heartbreaking.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Wow, I somehow missed this thread, but found it early this morning and was getting ready to pm a mod to call 911. I'm so glad I skipped to the end to see that Gabby had already done so. You guys are amazing.
    You are what you dare.

Good work, all. Hope it pays off for the best.

WRT contacting the ex--if he gets involved, it's one more time that she isn't given the opportunity to see that she CAN get along without him. I'd leave him out of it. JMHO.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

3 members found this post helpful.

I for one would love an update....
    I have too many ponies but love 'em all!

http://foxview-farm.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by annikak View Post
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...analter-Update

has been pretty active.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

I have too many ponies but love 'em all!

http://foxview-farm.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by annikak View Post
    annikak- go to the thread that Alagirl linked. That thread is being updated as it will stay open once Off Topic Day is closed again.

Itza has at least a pinto and a mare available. Details about those horses are in the other thread.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)