The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Break-away Alter View Post
    The email address associated with her alter is the name of a farm. That is the address of that farm.

I got this with a simple google search. It's a unique name.
    I did call the authorities. I spoke with a policeman,and a while later, received a call back that they had gone and checked on OP. agencies have been alerted, and I believe are (hopefully) physically with her.

and not to make light, but do you know how hard it is to explain to an officer many states away "I belong to this online forum and um....."

36 members found this post helpful.

Good work GG. I googled the address and got her name and the ex's name. Hopefully she will get some help now. Although suicidal people can deceive even therapists into thinking they are OK.

And for people who want off topic on all the time, well, it seems that so many people are unhappy and desperate, especially during the holiday season. Reach out to those loners in your communities who seem to be struggling. Forgive your family members for being selfish or mean, and help them out. Giving one person a little help or money can make the difference in that person giving up, or going forward.

Please everyone, there are people out there with terminal diseases who want to live and suffer through treatments in order to live one more day of life despite their pain. Suicide is not the answer to emotional pain.

Please remember that you can get out of the house, and get some help either with friends or neighbors or social services or church or somewhere.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by gabby.gator View Post
    I did call the authorities. I spoke with a policeman,and a while later, received a call back that they had gone and checked on OP. agencies have been alerted, and I believe are (hopefully) physically with her.

and not to make light, but do you know how hard it is to explain to an officer many states away "I belong to this online forum and um....."
    Thanks for stepping up. I'll bet that was a weird conversation.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Gabbygator, you may have just saved a life!

great work. And thanks to the alter who posted the farm information as well, you may have just saved a life.

2 members found this post helpful.

Thank you sooooo very much.

Really, really THANK YOU.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

1 members found this post helpful.

Gabby thank you for stepping up. I added OP to my nightly prayers.

Good work now we can just hope that the proper authorities handle this!

The Cave of Caerbannog in summer, Castle Aaaargh in winter

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    Good work GG. I googled the address and got her name and the ex's name. Hopefully she will get some help now. Although suicidal people can deceive even therapists into thinking they are OK.
    Would it be appropriate for someone to share Iz's posts with either the ex or with authorities? They are easily found with a search so it's not an issue of privacy in the legal sense, and if suicidal people are good at deception then the posts can provide some crucial information about Iz's state of mind and intentions.

I like logical people---they provide a nice contrast to the real world.

Are there any COTHers in the area who can check on her animals for a few days?

We don't know the situation at her farm and her animals should be the least of her worries right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post

Please everyone, there are people out there with terminal diseases who want to live and suffer through treatments in order to live one more day of life despite their pain. Suicide is not the answer to emotional pain.

Please remember that you can get out of the house, and get some help either with friends or neighbors or social services or church or somewhere.
    my husband is currently hospitalized undergoing chemo fighting an aggressive lymphoma. every day he wakes up is a beautiful gift!

and Hiddenlake--- IMO, I would call her ex, except that not so sure that wouldn't backfire. If he responds to her now, with pity, it just might make it worse for her-- KWIM?? however, other friends, or any one else in that area who might sit with her physically?? I would round them up in an instant!! And I did point the police to this entire thread, we were reading it together, so I am hoping he will share with whatever proper people he should.

I also PM'd her with my own story, why it's so close to my heart, and my "One day at a time, one hour, one minute mantra that brought me up out of the depths I know she feels.

5 members found this post helpful.

She has a friend who is a FEI level dressage trainer and I think she is maybe a judge... johanna someone. Ask the ex about her, and about someone taking care of her dog.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

and Hiddenlake--- IMO, I would call her ex, except that not so sure that wouldn't backfire. If he responds to her now, with pity, it just might make it worse for her--
    Not knowing the history, he might respond differently than you might think. I would not contact the X who is trying to move on with his life. It may be a good idea to forward the link to the police and ask them to read the thread so they can understand first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by EqTrainer View Post
    She has a friend who is a FEI level dressage trainer and I think she is maybe a judge... johanna someone. Ask the ex about her, and about someone taking care of her dog.
    That would probably be Johanna Gwinn. He is an ad I found for her:

Dressage Instruction - Johanna Gwinn FEI, Judge, Clinician & Instructor available for individuals & group lessons, clinics & judging. 610-436-5604

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Not knowing the history, he might respond differently than you might think. I would not contact the X who is trying to move on with his life. It may be a good idea to forward the link to the police and ask them to read the thread so they can understand first hand.
    you might have not seen this, as in my post above, I had to edit to add:: I emailed the link to this thread to the policeman while I was speaking to him, and I believe that might be why they didn't think I was a nutjob :-)...... so he has the thread, and hopefully will submit it to whomever would be appropriate.

8 members found this post helpful.

Thanks GG. I think many of us have this pit in our stomachs about our dear Iz, and we just want to reach out and help her.
    [edit] Is there anyone on coth that can physically go see her?

Again GG, thanks for making that call. As for calling the ex, well I don't know, they've been together for so long, I can't see a person saying no, even if they have parted. Me personally, if it were my BF, I would explore all options.

Iz, we don't want you to go. Your family does not want you to go. Your animals do not want you to go, an your ex does not want you to go either. You are a wanted woman. A wanted forum memeber, a wanted daughter, a wanted caretaker and guardian to your animals, and a wanted friend. Please, you have to see this. You are so loved.

Please, please, please I'm begging you to not do this and telling you, your life will get better! There will be light for you, it is dark and dim now, but I promise you, there will be light.

Sending you love, light and life.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Jan. 3, 2013 at 02:10 PM.

3 members found this post helpful.

I hope Iz is getting some well deserved rest tonight under the care of caring professionals.

GG and others please post updates if you can.

I won't be able to check back until tomorrow after work.

Iz, you are in my prayers tonight and I will send lots of jingles all through the day tomorrow.

Again, everyone who went out of their way to help a lost soul. THANK YOU!

you might have not seen this, as in my post above, I had to edit to add:: I emailed the link to this thread to the policeman while I was speaking to him, and I believe that might be why they didn't think I was a nutjob :-)...... so he has the thread, and hopefully will submit it to whomever would be appropriate.
    A simple thumbs up can't convey what I think of your courage!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

3 members found this post helpful.

Thanks GG.

We care!!

Please keep us posted. I will check everyday, as I have been from the very first post.

Chin up OP, you can do it.

rmh

(((hugs)))

[edit]

Guys, her address has been posted, at the very least, let's just send her a card with a note of encouragement, I will drive to town tomorrow to send her one.

I hope Iz is under some care right now, and has access to her thread so she can see how valuable her life really is. You have many supporters girl, and we are all rooting for you.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Jan. 3, 2013 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    A simple thumbs up can't convey what I think of your courage!
    Me too!