The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by fordtraktor View Post
    As a non-Catholic who gets her health care on ND's plan and is actually affected by what carol is talking about, it's far from a secret BC isn't covered well before anyone decides to take a job/attend/etc. So while I fully support access to BC for everyone, I can't see what all the fuss is about. If it bothers you so much, work for (or attend) a non-Catholic institution.

Anyway, back to the football. I agree that the Irish are underdogs but hey, what's the fun in winning if you are a sure thing?
    Re. the BC issue - thank you! Couldn't agree more. As for the football thing, ROLL TIDE!

1 members found this post helpful.

Child of the SEC now living in boring (sorry) ACC land. Roll, Tide!!
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

I will qualify I am not a blind ND supporter. My college roommate went to ND Law School. Got an earful about life there. And I applied there for undergrad - first year they allowed women in - only school who rejected me. They took 200? and had over 10,000 applications.

As well, as yup, am Catholic, and roll my eyes at the things people in our church can do to get brownie points, while in real life can act ghastly. So yup, plenty of hypocrisy.

But following ND is probably the one thing that our whole family does agree on, despite everything else we get our knickers in a twist about.

PS I did get into Vandy, but only stayed a year. Bit of a culture shock. But what great basketball games in the SEC that year!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Default Non-ND Fan

Grew up in South Bend, and was never a fan...moved away for many years and we are now back. I can't wait till this game is over, I am so sick of the hype. Actually looking forward to a possible relocation to get out of here. I will be sporting Bama gear for the game, I just may dress all the pets as well. Unfortunetly I live with an ND fan that calls me a hater, I'm not a hater as much as I am sick of hearing about ND. There is other news in the world.

Well, ND did have a really good season. They can't help it that they haven't done anything in the last 20 years so they're now over-excited. It also helps that they are in a crappy conference - but still, undefeated is a good thing.

You'd be hard-pressed to find bigger ND fans than my DH and me. We are both grads, and my husband is a "Double Domer", having gone to both undergraduate and law school at ND. This season has been a dream come true - we are too young to remember the last time ND was this good!

I think it will be a tough game and both teams will be ready to play extremely physical football. I couldn't have dreamed of a better match up.

2 members found this post helpful.

I thumbs up-ed you. I wanna win but I hope all the ND fans know that all the kidding is in good fun!

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alabama View Post
    Well, ND did have a really good season. They can't help it that they haven't done anything in the last 20 years so they're now over-excited. It also helps that they are in a crappy conference - but still, undefeated is a good thing.
    And I greenied you, Alabama!

ND isn't in a conference - they are an independent school; that way they can pick and choose who they want to play every year. Plus they can "choose" to have only 3 road games, as they did this year

I so hope it will be a good game! RUDY!! RUDY!! RUDY!! RUDY!!

PS - Thanks for the article about Exum, Alabama. We at Va Tech are still trying to live down Michael Vick.
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

Oh, yeah, I knew that about the conference. Just had a small brain fart. LOL!

And if it matters, I bet many people don't remember where Vick went to college. I sure didn't.