The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Spinoff: least favorite christmas songs

"I saw mommy kissing santa Claus"

Lets face it little girl...that was NOT santa and yes it would have been a mess if daddy had walked in
    Last edited by dudleyc; Dec. 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM.

I could do without ever hearing "Santa Baby" or "Baby, It's Cold Outside" ever again.

I can do without 90% of the hot mess that is the radio station I listen to. It is a mishmash of every bad Christmas song ever written - Santa Baby (the original with Marilyn Monroe gasping at the microphone), Rockin Around the Christmas Tree and several others by Brenda Lee. Then we have Elvis, Rita MacNiel, Boyz II Men, Mariah Carey and several others warbling non-existant and sour notes in several songs. We are also blessed with badly re-written versions of Silent Night (what is wrong with the original lyrics and tune). Unfortunately, ALL the stations seem to be playing the same stuff. If I ever hear Gene Autrey's Rudolph and Frosty again, it will be too soon.

On the plus side. I haven't heard the supremely annoying Little Drummer Boy once this year
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

The Christmas Shoes one where mama is dying that night. I can't get the station changed fast enough when it comes on.
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Mom View Post
    The Christmas Shoes one where mama is dying that night. I can't get the station changed fast enough when it comes on.
    Yes that one, very sad!

I hate John Lennon's Happy Christmas & Taylor Swifts version of Silent Night!!! I hear TS come on with Silent Night and gotta change it FAST!!!

The Paul McCartney song. Not sure what it's called, but it goes: "Simply having a wonderful Christmas time..." over and over again. I like Paul McCartney, but that song makes me want to strangle someone.

2 members found this post helpful.

"Santa Baby" and "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"
    Have YOU ever looked into the eyes of a rich white child who has just lost a jumping competition?

1 members found this post helpful.

Well, I jinxed myself - they played Little Drummer Boy and followed that with Lorne Greene's Must be Santa...EEEEWWWWWWW

I hate ALL versions of little drummer boy. I've heard a few versions of Santa Baby I don't mind, but generally the christmas music I like are the clasics (carol of the bells, holly and the Ivy, etc. ) spoofs (chipmunks roasting on an open fire, Weird Al) and ireverent stuff (Emerson, Lake and Palmer's I Believe in Father Christmas is a favorite).

Love Christmas music, I truly do, but the radio station around here plays all of the annoying stuff My least favorites-- of course "Grandma got run over by a reindeer", and then I also dislike "Rockin around the Christmas Tree," and the Bruce Springsteen "Merry Christmas Baby," and Santa Baby by anyone. But so I don't sound like a Scrooge b/c I truly do love Christmas music, the Michael Buble Christmas station on Pandora plays all of my favorites

The station redeemed itself for a bit.....played two of my contemporary(ish) favourites: Mary's Boy Child by Boney M and Thank God it's Christmas by Queen.

I may end up going to youtube and listening to some Bob Rivers and Kevin Blood Wilson Christmas stuff and maybe Ray Stevens....all spoofs and some really obnoxious. This is Kevin Bloody Wilson, very obnoxious and X rated: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/918156..._ho_f_king_ho/

I know its bad, but everytime I hear the "drummer boy" I think of that drum stick up his rump a tum tum

1 members found this post helpful.

"All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth" with that annoying little whistle. If I hear it one more time, someone is going to be wanting ALL of their teeth for Christmas
    I like mares. They remind me of myself: stubborn know it alls who only acknowledge you if you have food.
    Hannah B. Nana: 50% horse, 50% hippo
    Fiona: can't decide between jumpers or napping

Elvis's "Blue Christmas".

The year it came out, I was floorwalker in a five & dime (remember them?) and the girls in the record department stacked the little 45 RPM player with every copy it would hold. It played over and over and over and over....

One of my goals for each Christmas season is to make it through with out hearing the damned thing. I've actually accomplished it a few times, this year included. I almost made it last year, but was ambushed in Food City on Christmas eve.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams