The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I got nothing...not even a lump of coal.. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Langfuhr View Post
    That sucks.

I got a very, very lame horse. Really crappy Xmas pressy santa.

Custom Mattes pad, Amerigo dressage saddle, and coveralls!!!
    Clothes, clothes, more clothes, Gucci boots, clothes, coffee maker
    Please visit the Donate page!

https://justworldeventer.squarespace.com

Quote Originally Posted by Langfuhr View Post
    I am sorry! I didnt get much, a couple bottles of calgon. I can share!? My present is self-given....which is ok! Anyway, opng New Year is better!!
    May the sun shine on you daily, and your worries be gone with the wind.
    www.mmceventing.com

Ooo and the pony fairies brought said Pony a stall toy so he isn't just sitting there licking his bucket all day (when he isn't eating hay, which he has 24/7)

Winter riding boots, Kingsland breeches, Mane and Tail shampoo/conditioner and blankets!

SO bought me a new CO JR8 helmet -- and considering the age of my old Tipperary and the spill I took last week, I'm very excited!

And then I bought a lovely (used) fancy stitch bridle to match my jump saddle (somehow went from being all dressage tack to... all jump tack!)

And then I hit Greenhawk's boxing day sale -- two full seat breeches later ($70 per), 2 saddle pads, some first aid stuff, no bows for the new horse, and some stirrup leathers later, I think Christmas is complete!

I am unbelievably grateful this year.

Mrs. Santa (aka my MIL) brought us $300 to Lowe's, so we can get a new bathtub that I'm less likely to slip and fall in while showering. Mr. Santa (FIL) brought us a TRUCKLOAD of gravel to fix up the driveway so we don't have to slop through inches of mud in our good work shoes. My parents are also contributing to the upgrade of our bathroom.

And another Santa who shall not be named is bringing me my dream baby, a cute little 2 year old gelding this weekend.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

My event horse got the rambo fleece cooler in grey stripe. My uncle always gives me a huge bag of horse treats which will be split between the recently returned to me retired gelding and my mare who live at different barns.
    My high maintenance girl of course had a pasture accident a few weeks ago and dinged up her legs and we thought might have done some bone bruising to her hock, but my late christmas present this week is that she is looking much better and may be off stall rest and back into light flatwork soon! The vet bills I paid are where the rest of her Christmas fund went! That and the nice heated barn she got to be laid up in-pretty sure she new our crappy weather was coming and she wanted to live inside for a while-princess!

Santa came a few days early and brought me and hubby a wonderful 8 lb 9 oz baby boy. Had a little bit of a rough start due to inhaling fluid during my c- section and had to stay in the NICU to get breathing straightened out, but we got to come home on Christmas Eve. Looking forward to riding again once I get released by my doctor. Looking forward to a great 2013 season and getting to take little Gauge Lee with me to the shows.
    Bobbi
    ~ Jus Passed My Zipper aka Spanky, 11yo QH gelding.
    ~ Muskogee, 2yo Oldenburg Colt.

3 members found this post helpful.

I can't top what Long Shadow Farm posted above! But I just ordered my own Christmas presents, and I am really excited about them!

Horse Training In Hand

Schooling Horses In Hand
    Academic Horse Training
    I have a Fjord! Life With Oden

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

winter riding gloves, and a used stubben siegfried w/ new leathers & the bendy stirrups. I get to pick it up tomorrow from the post office and I CANT WAIT to ride in it!!!!!! No more inch too short collegiate, three cheers!
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

I got a left breast mastectomy and a huge board increase to go along with that since I can't teach or work for a while. Gee.... thanks, Santa. Wanna try again?

Quote Originally Posted by runnyjump View Post
    I got a left breast mastectomy and a huge board increase to go along with that since I can't teach or work for a while. Gee.... thanks, Santa. Wanna try again?
    So sorry. I hope you're doing better soon.
    I have a Fjord! Life With Oden

My wonderful fiancee thought up a lovely horsey gift all on his own! I told him months and months ago that I've always wanted that famous photo of Secretariat blowing away the Belmont (http://davidcarrales.com/blog/2012/0...ob-coglianese/) and he bought a 20x24 original print signed by Penny Chenery and Ron Turcotte and the photographer, and had it framed beautifully. It's hanging over our mantle now!

Best part? He bought it from the Secretariat Foundation, so my Christmas present money went to equine research and charity. Love him
    The best is yet to come

2 members found this post helpful.

Mare got new maroon halter and lead rope (Gig'Em Aggies), happy mouth dressage bit, reins, a bridle tag and lots of cookies.

I got bum ribs from falling off of said mare onto a jump and money from hubs and parents to clinic with Sinead Halpin in 2 weeks.

Guess maresy must have been better behaved than I in 2012.

My horse spent her Christmas allowance on a $700 vet bill in November so she got NOTHING. I, however, got a week in England to spend with my grandparents. It was a great Christmas with zero stall mucking and zero horse stress and zero work!