The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

I can't believe I stayed off the internet for a week and this grew 10 more pages! I just wanted to add, most things like whether non-believers go to hell, babies go to purgatory, etc. in my mind is covered with grace. I think there's an awful lot of grace out there, and I would never tell someone they were going to hell. Now, I must admit, I've been preached at and had my soul tried to be saved a LOT more since I went to Catholicism, we're often viewed as worse than heathens, lol. The local Baptists tried to scare the hell out of me They DID, emphatically tell me I was going to hell.
    Quarry Rat

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by OneGrayPony View Post
    Sorry - we posted at the same time.

It is not a new development. Christians were persecuted before they even really became a movement.

I'm a little disturbed by your statement about "when the faithful as a whole are persecuted"...that's not the goal, right? Because that kinda sounds vengeful to me.
    Where does vengeful comes in there?

At the time the discussion of separation of church and state came to be, the states were divided by who ruled them and many were under this or that group of the faithful.

There were laws where you could not preach as a baptist in other than those places ruled by baptist, as one example.

At that time, trying to organize a whole from many different little governments, each one so diverse, including on the faith they followed, that separation of church and state was seen as one way to unite them and eliminate those religious differences from keeping them from it.

Guess we are reading different history books?

Quote Originally Posted by Mosey_2003 View Post
    I can't believe I stayed off the internet for a week and this grew 10 more pages! I just wanted to add, most things like whether non-believers go to hell, babies go to purgatory, etc. in my mind is covered with grace. I think there's an awful lot of grace out there, and I would never tell someone they were going to hell. Now, I must admit, I've been preached at and had my soul tried to be saved a LOT more since I went to Catholicism, we're often viewed as worse than heathens, lol. The local Baptists tried to scare the hell out of me They DID, emphatically tell me I was going to hell.
    From the mouth of the horse itself.

2 members found this post helpful.