The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Why can my husband never find the TV remote?

The remote is right next to him on the bed and he asks me where it is. He uses it puts it down and four seconds later asks me where it is What on eart

I feel yah. My husband can remain totally cool under enemy gunfire, organize hundreds of troops, read a map like it's nobody's business, find his way out of anywhere, but Lord help him if DD's shoes aren't in the exact same place where he took them off, or he needs to find something else in the house that is, very clearly, in plain sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Two words-- man eyes. I am often called into a room to help Mr. DDAshaq locate something only to find him staring (blindly?!) at the object and squawking that he cannot find it.

A friend called it "if you have a uterus you can find anything syndrome", and her hubby was the worst ever about it. He just came home after two weeks gone, unpacked, and couldn't find something he just unpacked. She came in the office with this silly look on her face, and was laughing hysterically. He had called her at work, and asked her where he put whatever he was looking for, and she told him where it probably was. What he was looking for was exactly where she guessed, and she had already been at work when he came home.

Some people are just good at finding things, so the other person stops trying to remember where things are I guess.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Mine is brilliant at his job but loses his wallet, car keys, credit card, glasses, remote, car phone charger, computer cord etc routinely. It just drives me crazy. Often he just has to go buy another of whatever he loses. Unbelievable amounts of time are wasted looking, retrieving and repurchasing these items. I want him to buy a man purse.

At least he's just clueless and not one of the urban rumored morbidly obese people who lose the TV remote in a skin fold.

In my household we've proudly broken the confines of gender roles. I lose things things in plain site, and hubby finds them. Once a year or so I pull off a hat trick and remember seeing something in an odd place. Hubby's expression on these instances is always, "Who are you and what have you done with my wife?"

Mine can't find anything. It's a standing joke (after swearing to me there were no marshmallows for sale anywhere in the grocery store) that if he can't find something...it's next to the marshmallows.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Haha, my (female) house mate is the same way, she manages to lose *everything* that's not nailed down, and I (also female) can usually find it in about 10 seconds, if I don't already know where it is. Sometimes, I wonder how she got through life before having someone else living in the house... lol

My Mother in law is in a nursing home. My husband can never find her remote. He will search all over for it and if I am not there to solve the problem for him, he will still be wondering where it is when he gets home.

He will say: "Mom lost her remote again."

And I will say: "Its in her chair."

And it will be....
    Why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?
    ~ Dave Barry

yeah but if the remote glowed in the dark it would be much easier to find!
    i'm the one who loses my cell and my coffee cup all day long, and the remote all evening if we're watching from bed.

for that reason I got DH a whistling key chain....but I forgot where I put it....
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?

Shortly after we first moved into our house and had the cable installed, we lost the remote to the downstairs cable box. We looked EVERYWHERE for it, in all the crevices of the couch, under the furniture, EVERYWHERE. Couldn't find the damned thing. So we brought the upstairs one downstairs (we mostly watch TV downstairs in the family room) and programed it to work with that box. A few weeks later, we were watching TV and had the one remote we had sitting on the couch in between us. My husband farted rather loudly, then reached down between him and the side of the couch and pulled out the missing remote. We still have no idea where that missing remote came from, but I still believe there is a connection between the fart and it's discovery.

Now we can't find the remote to the surround sound system. Unfortunately (for my nose and ears), no amount of husband-farts have made it reappear. Now we have to get up off the couch to change the volume like heathens, lol.

2 members found this post helpful.

Men get married so they will never have to be responsible for remembering where anything is ever again.
    "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has widely been considered as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

In our apartment it's always the pantry and refrigerator that cause issues - unless it's right in front of DH's face, it doesn't exist.

More than once I've come home from work to discover he's gone to the grocery to buy things, like cheese because 'we didn't have any' - however, it was just cleverly hidden behind the milk. I think at one point we had 6 or 7 blocks and bags of cheese in the fridge.....

And don't even get me started on his inability to find a new bottle of ketchup or mayonaise.....
    To be loved by a horse should fill us with awe, for we hath not deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyQ View Post
    Men get married so they will never have to be responsible for remembering where anything is ever again.
    that's why they die first!
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?

1 members found this post helpful.