The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

War Admiral! Don't cry! Can I send you a horsey holiday card with horses wearing reindeer antlers?

Thanks, I'd like that.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

PMing you!

I'm not much into it this year either. It's been brutally cold (many degrees below normal) and the sky has been spewing whiteshit for weeks now, like since the middle of October. Hard to feel anything but put upon when you have to dig the yard out to get out EVERY FUDDLEDUDDLING DAY and start over the next day cause Ma Nature crapped more of the foul whitestuff all over the place. Last week, dug and shoved for 6+ hours to get out of the yard, 2 hours one day then 4 the next and finally got out on day three.

We just postponed our 'old farts' gathering to a warmer day. none of us seem to care this year. Everyone says the same thing - too cold and too much snow.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Nope not feeling it. I have tried. But to no avail.

I have listened to more christmas music than I ever have in my life. I think that is due to technology, ie more radio stations with 24/7 and directv has it too. I love the oldy songs of christmas. I have tried.

But I am very ready to move on.

Yahoo, boxing day tomorrow, and all this will be but a non-event in my memory, and here comes new years, and then SPRING!

We're finally going away this year together, MrB and i. We leave tomorrow, and I'm SO excited for key west, but leaving the farm (of dogs) is very anxiety provoking for me. And we're doing a different setup with the dogs and caretakers and I'm just in a panic over them being okay. I need a zanax or something! My anxiety is ruling this holiday...
    and in our neverending to do list, we've just not had much happy spirit, more stress! I went riding today and MrB is still pissed that i left, when I have been doing my part to clean and prepare for days before he started to think about it. Grrrrr. I had that lesson planned for a while and it's not like i just abandoned him!

But of course we were also wrapping presents minutes before getting in the car for his parents house, and still don't have them all done. Oh well.

dh and i have no christmas spirit at all this year.
    no visitors in town to entertain, no where we want to go. so we're all alone in the house for once and started the day with mimosas. we've been watching movies and eating and drinking and talking on the phones to loved ones all day. it's pretty great actually,lol!

i just read this and want to know if you got through it ok. can be a sucky time of year for sure--((((hugs)))).

Quote Originally Posted by War Admiral View Post
    TOTALLY not into it. Did my best... Did all the right "give to other people, it'll make you feel better" things... Faked it for weeks... Made cookies and fudge for the office, handmade gifts for a few peeps, sponsored a family in upstate NY and paid for their whole Christmas with one whole paycheck... Gave cash to all the homeless people on my way home from work Friday... Then I crashed... Been crying all day and can't seem to stop unless I'm watching TV or sleeping. My prayers are empty... There's not going to be anything under my tree tomorrow morning no matter how hard I pray... I guess I *should* be praying not to act and feel like a mental six-year-old... I'll try that next...

War admiral nothing but hugs for you and anyone having a tough time
    I\'m not crazy. I\'m just a little unwell.