The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default May take a job at JCrew

What do people think of J Crew? I make take a job there as a personal stylist. Any thoughts on J. Crew in general?

Do it!! I LOVE J Crew! Almost all of my suits are from there as is the majority of my sweater collection, and I have great J Crew boots. I used to spend so much money at J Crew they would send me an Xmas present every year LOL.

Do you get a discount? The clothes are trendy/preppy.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Judysmom View Post
    Do it!! I LOVE J Crew! Almost all of my suits are from there as is the majority of my sweater collection, and I have great J Crew boots. I used to spend so much money at J Crew they would send me an Xmas present every year LOL.

Do you get a discount? The clothes are trendy/preppy.
    Get a great discount....I'm at Gap now, but, J. Crew manager is poaching me.

I know this: Jcrew is one of the few clothing stores that I can order a size 6 long and they fit me every time (unless due to circumstance I happen to be a 8 that month). So I think pretty highly of their consistency in sizing. Not sure that helps you though! What would motivate you to leave your current position?
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by EqTrainer View Post
    I know this: Jcrew is one of the few clothing stores that I can order a size 6 long and they fit me every time (unless due to circumstance I happen to be a 8 that month). So I think pretty highly of their consistency in sizing. Not sure that helps you though! What would motivate you to leave your current position?
    I would have more personal contact with customers than I do at Gap. Gap doesn't haver personal stylists.

LOVE J. Crew. As in, when I am separated from others at the mall, they just wait there knowing I'll show up eventually.

I'm constantly impressed with their customer service.

Recently, I lost a button off a jacket, which I bought there a few years ago. I emailed customer service for help replacing the buttons. I had a response same day telling me they would try to track down buttons. Further (!), if they were not able to, customer service said I could take my coat to a tailor to completely replace the buttons and they would reimburse me up to $50.

Another time, I called a store to check on their suit inventory before making a trip to the store. The stylist asked what time I planned to come in. They pulled a whole bunch of outfits for me to get started with and had a dressing room ready for me on arrival.

Their clothes are great. Sizing is consistent. The quality is good. Is it the highest quality in the world? No. But, for the price point, it is really great, and I love their classic looks.

I'd say go for it. And share the discount!

1 members found this post helpful.

I love, love, love the personal shopper I go to at J. Crew. He knows me well enough to have things pulled whenever I want to come in.

From what he's told me, personal shoppers (or stylists, whatever) get treated well by the company if they get good feedback from customers, so it sounds like you'll get out what you put in.

I love J Crew. I could never work there. I'd spend my entire paycheck before I could even get it out of the store to cash it.

I love J Crew's style/durability/price point. I've never tried the personal shoppers (I find enough stuff to buy on my own, don't need to be more tempted!) Can't say anything about them as a company, but overall I feel their stores and employees seem more organized and less harried than the Gaps in the same shopping centers.