The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Oops!

Somehow I have managed to get powdered icing sugar on my laptop keyboard while baking. A few too many glasses of wine and online recipe searching do NOT go hand in hand. I'm afraid to use water for fear of it getting stickier and also getting into the electronics and I've tried blowing it off which does not work. Does anyone have any idea of a recovery plan?

City of delusion in the state of total denial

You'll be just fine.

Let it dry. Depending on the size of the mess, you may be able to get it up with a Q-tip wet with rubbing alcohol. If it's really gotten all over and between your keys, you're still okay. Using a tweezers, carefully pop your keys off the board. Clean them with rubbing alcohol and let dry. Use the aforementioned Q-tip in rubbing alcohol to get what's fallen between the keys. Then just pop the keys back on- press firmly to get them to snap back into place.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Try a vacuum cleaner with a crevice nozzle. Do it soon since the sugar will absorb water from the air.