The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Any Windows Phone owners out there?

I know Windows Phones aren't as Popular as iOS or Android, but I just so happen to love my Windows Phone. I have a Nokia Lumia 900, and I use it every day. I watch Netflix from it, play with the Apps, talk, text...even do spreadsheets. I'm not crazy about the camera, but it works OK for my needs.

Oh, and I love the Outsider's app, for Windows.

Anyone else?

I kinda, sorta want one. My cousin had one and hated it. She's way less knowledgeable than I am about electronic stuff, if that is possible.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

You aren't crazy about the camera? That's the selling point for the Lumina.
    I have an old win 6.5 HTC something or other. I love windows, but they moved to the apple-based mode - the operating system won't allow a plug in expansion card. Boo hiss they lost me there, plus a non removable battery.
    I do love that my Pc recognizes it instantly for connectivity and backups.

I am looking at the samsung galaxy note II, big but heavy suckers. If I get it I would use it instead of my iPad. Really apple, the lack of directional arrows has killed the iPad for me. If I most more than a few lines here on Coth, I can't edit the post beyond the first few lines. Phhffftt!
    So new phone will need flash, directional arrows and expandability.
    I read books on my phone and can't wait to get a kindle enabled app on a new one.

Yeah, the camera is pretty lacking, though I hear it's pretty nice in the new 920. I gear that if you're used to an iPhone, then switching is hard to get used too, but this is my first smartphone, and honestly, it makes using my iPod touch hard. I keep looking for the back arrow.

One of the big selling points, was that it didn't come with all this impossible to install bloatware. I also like the Live Tiles.

I swear I don't work for Microsoft, but I do like their OS.

I love my Windows phone! I had the HTC Trophy as that was the only one Verizon carried at the time but in the last couple of months they released the HTC 8x and the Nokia Lumia 822. I chose the Lumia even though I liked the 8x's design better (thinner, more elegant) because I could add additional memory with a micro SD card.

I love the tiles, the OS, have no issues using Office, love the camera and the ease of use. I passed my Trophy to my husband who is generally tech challenged and within a couple of days was cruising and navigating along with the best of them.

I had Blackberry and Androids previously and these phones win hands down. I didn't want to get locked into Apple world so never went that route but most of my friends have Iphones and after playing with theirs I'd still chose the Windows phone.