The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question When ordering pop rocks through abler,

has anyone done the free trial and then cancelled their order? Any issues?
    As I understand it, you get charged the $12.95 shipping for 20 sachets, but can then cancel them sending you the remaining 80 with no further charges?

This is their deal:

Abprazole Try Before You Buy Terms & Conditions
    Try before you Buy Offer – 100 Sachets of Abprazole.

How it works:
    1. Go to Catalog page.
    2. Select Abprazole Free Trial.
    3. Abler will first ship to you 20 sachets of Abprazole via Registered 1st class post. (*For Express shipping – see note below)
    4. Pay a Postage and Handling fee of $12.95 USD
    5. When your Horse responds to the Abprazole – contact Abler and then, we will organize to ship 2nd package of 80 sachets of Abprazole to YOU.
    6. Abler will debit your card for $162.05 USD (Postage and Handling fee of $12.95 USD is refunded upon shipment of further 80 sachets of AbPrazole)
    7. If Abler doesn’t hear from you, we will forward a courtesy follow up email reminder to send your feedback to Abler 4 weeks after shipment of 20 sachets of Abprazole.

* EXPRESS SHIPPING (EMS)
    Fee $30.00 USD – Non Refundable

Balance of 80 sachets Abprazole
    2 Shipping Options
    - 1st class airmail debit $162.05
    - EMS - Fee $30 USD + $175.00 USD = $205.00

- Read what other Abler customers are saying about AbPrazole.
    - Read here about Abprazole
    - Abler’s Abprazole online calculator will advise you of the dosage required.

Further details please contact Abler on:
    Toll Free 1-877-497-8777 USA or Email - support@abler.com

Terms and Conditions
    - This offer is valid for orders of a minimum of 100 sachets.
    - 1 x 20 sachets "Try before you buy" offer per customer/shipping address
    - Express shipping fee is Non Refundable regardless of the further 80sachets being shipped.
    - Pricing quoted in US Dollars.
    - Postage and Handling fee is non refundable if the Try before you Buy 80 sachets are not shipped.
    - Incomplete or incorrect shipping address is received at time of order a further Postage and Handling fee will be debited. If the post does return the package to our dispatch center Abler will duly refund the extra charge.

I did the free trial then cancelled, no problems...

Northern Virginia, 45 minutes east of paradise - 2 hrs during rush hour

The problem is that it takes so long for it to come that if you like it, you'll have to wait another 10 days for it to show up.
    I ordered it express and it still took 10 days.
    "The mighty oak is a nut who stood its ground"

"...you'll never win Olympic gold by shaking a carrot stick at a warmblood..." see u at x

Yes, I can read
    I was just wondering if anyone had run into issues.

Since they don't auto ship the remaining 80, there aren't any issues to run in to. Just don't order them.

Unless they are still doing that thing where if you don't order the other 80 they drop you as a customer forever. If you're going to order the other 80 anyway just to avoid that, you might as well order the 100 all at once. If it wouldn't bother you to be blacklisted by them, order the trial and see if it works.

i ordered the trial, and never used them- ended up not needing them. i just never ordered the rest.

Seriously!?!! They "blacklist" you?? How is that a good economic move on their part? Is this really true?

I am not re-ordering because my horse just doesn't eat up all of the beads very well. Plus she's doing better now.

Yep, if you did the trial and cancelled, you were off their list of potential buyers. I think they stopped that, but you got a week's worth for free- do they really need to let you 'try' them again. I'm sure you could order them, but you couldn't 'try' them again.

Yeah, it looks like they changed the trial terms so they are just limiting to one trial per address, rather than blacklisting. I assume someone in the company figured out how stupid the blacklist idea was.

Sorry, I probably should have checked the site first.

I don't think it was intended to be "blacklisting," it was intended (I think) to be a tongue-in-cheek "we promise, will not keep bugging you and coming after you and haunting your email forever." It's a cultural gap and an intent-of-language gap, I believe.

You very certainly can pick up again if you change your mind and decide you do want the additional 80 packets after all (or at least I did, and it was like a year later....)

Anyone tried the Abgard paste with any luck?? This might be easier for me.

My recent express order of 100 also took 10 days, and clearly came through customs - not surprising as it is manufactured in India. Just somehow thought they'd have a warehouse in Canada.
    pace, path, balance, impulsion and ??

Don't panic! Ralph Leroy Hill

I unfortunately did not order mine Express.. two weeks later and still waiting!
    "No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle" - Winston Churchill

Check out Central Virginia Horse Rescue

Quote Originally Posted by BEARCAT View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone had run into issues.
    I never had an issue. They never harassed me or accidentally billed my card or anything. A year later when I did want to place a full order, they recalled my account and shipped off the remaining 80 sachets. My limited experience with them has been positive.
    Just because you’re afraid, doesn’t mean you’re in danger. Just because you feel alone, doesn’t mean nobody loves you. Just because you think you might fail, doesn’t mean you will.

They were great about switching my order to the paste. Hopefully it works well. Shipped today.

Huh.

I got their "free" sample several months ago, and never heard from them after that. Go figure.