The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have an older sheet from Schneiders that is the Euro Extreme (1680d). I LOVE that sheet! I don't need another med weight, but I would purchase that same model in a med & heavy if I could justify the expense right now!

http://www.sstack.com/horse-blankets...-euro-extreme/

Well...it appears that they won't have these back in stock until MARCH!
    Cindy

Thanks guys! I will check out everyone's suggestions.

I did look at the Dover Northwind. Looks nice, but I refuse to pay $21 shipping. On principle.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Another vote for the Northwinds. I have a few that are going on their 5th year with not a single tear - only thing I've had to replace was one of the chest snaps - which was a simple matter of unbuckling the strap and sliding on the new snap.

I've found the Northwinds and Rhino's fit my long backed shallow girthed horse best as they have a shorter drop, and the Rambo's, Riders Supreme, and Shires fit my shorter backed and deeper girthed guy who needs deeper drop.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

I just got the Smartpak Ultimate, has the 10 yr guarantee. That was my selling point, as he is boarded occasionally and the low man. so far I'm very happy with it. It's very light and the fit was nice. I ordered it in a size smaller, as recommended by others. It fits perfectly.

1 members found this post helpful.

I love my Schneiders blankets, and will always look to them first. Not all that impressed with Rambo; if that's their high-quality blanket, I would never be happy with the Rhinos or Amigos, especially for the price ranges. Schneiders Saddlery have always been great to deal with, and have an excellent return policy if I find something does not work. I have never had a problem with any of their blankets; I have had some moisture at the shoulders during a heavy snow, but every blanketed horse had the same moisture, with three different brands (including a Rambo Wug) and different body types. The fit of the Schneiders blankets have always been good, with everything better than it should be as far as quality and the price. I would definitely recommend Schneiders blankets to anyone. Schneider's also makes a wug-style blanket and a full neck blanket as well, if you are concerned about dampness about the shoulders.

Thumbs up Smartpak Deluxe High Neck Turnout

I bought the Smartpak Deluxe High Neck turnout mid-winter last year.
    So far I love it:
    The waterproofing has totally held up in long downpours.
    The high neck keeps the horse dry
    Seems well made.
    Wish it had fluorescent strips so I can locate horse in the dark pasture at night

I initially ordered the Schneiders v-tek (have super high withered horse) but the adjustable neck just gaped, I new he'd get wet, so I sent it back to Schneiders.

I have been borrowing a friends Saxon while I wait for mine to come on and I really like it.... the buckles are nice and so is the material. I got mine from Statelinetack.com for 74? dollars, originally 108 I think. One problem I've read in the reviews for the blanket it if your horse hase a bigger belly it doesn't go down very far. A lot of people I know seem to like weathabeta though.

My Smartpak Deluxe high neck is on its 3rd season and going strong. LOVE IT. Great value, great fit, good looking, and holding up really, really well. I can't imagine buying another rug now.

Dover has Rhino midweights for $139--I have one that came used with Gwen when I bought her in 2003--still in great shape!
    Click here before you buy.