The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Pasture or in-and-out boarding in northeast Ohio (ie 45 min radius of Cleveland)

Hi,

I moved to Cleveland recently from across the country. Not being from the area, I have no horse connections and was forced to put my guy in a barn sight unseen. I was very unhappy with the turnout at that barn, and have moved him to another barn that is slightly better but he still only gets about 7 hours a day and is now limited to the indoor due to mud fever from the foot deep mud in the paddocks. The only barns that I can find advertised are large boarding stables where the horses get limited turnout. Where he lived before he had 24/7 access to a large paddock with an in-and-out and I'm looking for a similar situation and was wondering if anybody knew of anything. I really don't care if it's a backyard barn as long as there's some sort of ring or trails to ride in even if it's tiny. Proximity to a combined training, dressage, or eventing instructor is a plus. Thanks so much!

contact Jackie fisher smith - she posts on here as JFS - she is south of cleveland but has everything you mentioned. her farm is stone gate farm - she is on FB and has a page there also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastile View Post
    contact Jackie fisher smith - she posts on here as JFS - she is south of cleveland but has everything you mentioned. her farm is stone gate farm - she is on FB and has a page there also.
    I second Jackie. If she can't board your horse, she'll know where you can go. She's super. My kids LOVED her place when we stayed their for clinics and extended vacations.

South Farm in Middlefield, maybe? They host a couple of nice Horse Trials every year.
    Click here before you buy.