The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This may not count because everyone is pitching in.... but my Christmas gift is to go to Rolex next year. My mom will be going with me and since they (step-dad and half brother & sister) moved 1,000 miles away a few years back, it will be really special for just the two of us.

I'm super excited! My husband is fantastic because our anniversary is during the Rolex and he won't be with me.

1 members found this post helpful.

I got my first tractor! It's a new one since DH is not overly mechanical, so I was scared to go used! I have had my farm for 12 years so it was loooong overdue.

I am really leaning towards stalls mats for 5 stalls too for a "new year's gift". We already are doing 1 stall, so I'm thinking just bite the bullet and do the other 4 now too since we are redoing the floors in the next few weeks!
    Check us out on Facebook at EVER AFTER FARM

Since my horse shopping searches haven't been fruitful in time for the holiday, I took advantage of being at home for Christmas and treated myself at Horseman's Outlet. They have an awesome consignment section and I got a Mattes half pad, a set of Eskadrons (front and hind) for myself, and stirrup leathers for my trainer...all for the cost of less than the front boots alone as if they were new!
    The deal was outrageous and I just couldn't say no.

Now I just have to find the horse...

Well.. there is the custom framing that I had done for my Birthday that I said would be my B-day and Christmas presents for the next several years... LOVE Tim Cox and my friend did an AWESOME job with the framing!!!

And then I've had such success with reiki on my cushings/founder mare that I decided to treat myself to a session. It was the most incredible feeling and I felt wonderful the day after! I'm glad that I tried it and plan to do more sessions.
    http://www.leakycreek.com/
    http://leakycreek.wordpress.com/ Rainbows & Mourning Doves Blog
    John P. Smith II 1973-2009 Love Always
    Father, Husband, Friend, Firefighter- Cancer Sucks- Cure Melanoma

I have decided my main present to myself this year will be a new pair of custom half chaps. I definitely do not have off the rack size legs, so custom is a must. My current pair of half chaps is in ok condition and I will continue to use them for trail riding. The new ones will be used for clinics and ring work use. (At least until current ones die...hehe) I also purchased some awesome fleece socks(while shopping for gifts). They are so comfy and have kept my toes toasty while riding. The other thing I plan to buy is a GPS to be used in truck and car. I have been encountering so much construction on the highway I have to drive to work on that it is getting on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    of course I will. I had to work today and tomorrow is...you know what. he's already on the local paper's sites and in a Thursday publication that is free/local.
    I hope it works out for the best for both you and that adorable young dog. He certainly is a cutie.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Now that I'm jumping my young horse more, I treated myself to a GR8. It is the most comfortable helmet I've ever owned.
    ~ A true friend knows all there is to know about you and still likes you. -E. Hubbard

I might get my hair colored and cut. Usually I do the color myself. Also I am looking at getting the Honey Badger(my mare) a new blanket.
    Strange how much you've got to know Before you know how little you know. Anonymous

I treated myself to a past life regression with a hypnotherapist. Fascinating!
    Form follows function, or does function follow form?

www.clearvisionequine.com

http://clearvisionequine.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by boosma47 View Post
    I treated myself to a past life regression with a hypnotherapist. Fascinating!
    I really don't want to derail the thread, but find out anything fun?

A new saddle! Finally was able to find one that fit her wenchie ness. lol. She's a standardbred, and the wide i had..was ok. the xwide she likes. AND with a special pad also fits my anglo arab (he's a bit to broad for the wide tree).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Whimsey modeling

And a happy whimsey and me in easter colors. lol.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...e=1&permPage=1

Hopefully those work.

It's an Albion Legend. and super nice.

Some kitchen remodeling so that I can put a stackable washer/dryer on the main floor, and a recumbent exercise bike (the only piece of exercise equipment I can use). Both are gifts for my arthritic and often replaced joints!

Mine is not so much a Christmas gift, but an "after I am healed from ACL reconstruction" gift. I'm going to get my pony a good quality saddle that fits both of us well. Just not sure if it will be the eventing saddle or the Western saddle, because we want both!
    What's Horsie in the Twin Tiers? Find out here:
    http://thetwintiershorse.blogspot.com/

Former user name: GilbertsCreeksideAcres

I treated myself to a custom Mattes pad with a very small part of my unexpectedly generous Xmas bonus! The rest went into my emergency fund.

Mr. Trevelyan spent Xmas day installing the new stainless steel workbench (for my tack room) and heavy duty hose reel that he gave me! Life is good when your non horsey DH is non only willing to give you 'barn gifts' for the holidays, but spend the day installing them too!

Its been a slow day at the office today, so I've spent the day contemplating whether or not to take advantage of the year end deals on a new car.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

Kindle Fire HD 8.9 inch
    Kindle Fire HD Purple Leather Case
    Kindle Fire HD Screen Protector
    Black Long Sleeved Save NorthStar Shirt
    Flirt Old Navy Skinny Jeans
    Old Navy Navy and Orange 1/2 Sleeved Shirt
    Orange Bag
    Purple Handmade Braclet
    Purple Bag With The Letter "T" One It
    Purple Notebook
    $25 For Amazon
    4 Pair Of Fuzzy Socks
    Black Knitted Hat,Scarf,Gloves From Old Navy
    Anti hand stuff From Bath and Body Works
    PJ'S

All from my Mom.

My Dad I got:
    26' Flat Screen TV It's pricey
    DVD Player
    $50

My gramma I got:
    Purple Notebook
    Horse Calender
    Bracelet
    Shampoo
    Shower Gel
    $25 Amazon Card

from my aunt and uncle
    $25

from my other aunt:
    $25

My other uncle:
    Lotto Ticket I won $10

I'm getting myself (and Mojo, of course) a Rambo no fill turnout sheet. His Rambo medium weight is lasting forever, and I'm sold on the brand. Eventually I may go for the optional liners as well. (Wonder if the liners can serve as stable blankets... Bring horse in in nasty weather, and just take off top layer, hmmm)
    Mon Ogon (Mojo), black/bay 16 H TB Gelding

A brand new saddle that actually fits me and my propane-tank-shaped Clyde-X.... only took 3 years! Counting down the days till my County Perfection arrives from across the pond.

Lucky for me, my birthday is in February, so I can use that as an excuse to get a new black bridle & girth to match
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

My gift is rescuing two gorgeous weanling filly Welsh ponies. I need another horse like I need a hole in the head. I knew they were going to a dealer and didn't want to risk them getting into a bad situation. Days before they arrived hubby was nice enough to partially enclose our run in that is 20 x 10 feet. The other half has a gate w/plywood.

QUOTE=Trevelyan96;6740606Its been a slow day at the office today, so I've spent the day contemplating whether or not to take advantage of the year end deals on a new car.[/QUOTE]

Well, I bought the car. I will miss life with no car payment.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/