The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    "Cayleigh, I'd like you to meet Tiffany"
    And also meet Brlhrslvr.

1 members found this post helpful.

A bit late commenting on this thread...now, I am not a person totally against some of the "natural horsemanship" ideas, but do not drink the cool aid!

I did go and look at the YouTube snippet on "The Cakewalk"...

OMGIH.

WHAT is that idiot doing? THAT is not how one helps a horse (of any age or experience) become really comfortable and safe in loading onto a trailer!!!!!

I have taught quite a few youngsters, oldsters and rescued horses how to load onto a trailer just upon one hand signal asking them to calmly go to the trailer and step in, and also in reverse to step out. No trauma, no fear, NO WAVING THAT DAMN STICK AROUND like that guy is doing...WHAT is he doint waving that thing at the horse's HEAD??? Horse should have just stood up and slapped him.

I am all for doing groundwork, reading horse body language cues, getting to know your horse as its own "personality", its likes and dislikes... and there are some "games" one can do withb your horse that are wonderful mental exercise and bonding exercise for you and the horse, BUT, as in all things: let's be sensible, people!

Nope, I certainly would NEVER let anyone do what he is doing with my horses. I would imagine there ARE some "Parelli" exercises or training ideas which have good merit and responses, but this one they can just keep. Meh.

He's not trying to load Catwalk into a trailer. He's trying to manhandle him into a bridle. He's trying to force the issue because he's gotta look good in front of the crowd. Ya know... absolutely the wrong way to go about it.
    You are what you dare.

I don't remember if which vid or if I read it from one his interviews, but, Pep said something like bridling the horse was one of toughest projects he'd ever encountered, like in the top three.

Honestly, I had to snork. My g-daughter could bridle that horse, but, like my shoer ex-husband (who croaked several years ago and no, I don't feel badly using that terminology when it came to him as a person) used to say, it's usually an easy job but you need to sweat and look like you're working hard so the owner feels they got value for their money. Same thing here....
    Last edited by goneriding24; Jan. 5, 2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: .
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Maybe SherlocksPonies is talking about this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ueprRcH5B4

Classic Parelli.

Indeed, Downen, that's the one! EGAD.

I just want to remove that dang stick and smack that guy with it and then turn to the woman and ask her just WHAT the heck she thinks he's doing with her horse! OY!!

Recently caught part of a Parelli show on TV. I couldn't watch it. Here was a young guy teaching us how to put a crupper on a horse. He was standing there with the lead rope wrapped around his forearm. As usual the horse he was working with was half asleep (we know what happens when PP's work with horse's with any kind of energy=Catwalk, the blind in one eye horse) anyway, it bothered me so much I couldn't watch. I mean, that's basic safety (never wrap a lead or longe line around your arm, duh) that I used to teach beginners in a first lesson and this guy is a Parelli certified instructor?

1 members found this post helpful.

I could never do Parelli. No way could I coordinate reins, horse, carrot stick, leadrope, etc, etc. I got enough problems, I'll just stick to the basics, thx!