The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default This cracked me up...

I was reading the NCHJA rule book because I was looking for specifications on exactly what a pre-child/adult hunter class is (I'm a hunter n00b), and I stumbled on this sentence:

"(h) In the case of the jump(s) falling over due to weather or act of God..."

Cracked. Me. Up.

On another note, could someone please fill me in on what a pre-child/adult class is? That's the division I'll be showing in next month. TIA
    If i smell like peppermint, I gave my horse treats.
    If I smell like shampoo, I gave my horse a bath.
    If I smell like manure, I tripped.

Basically it is normally 2'3"-2'6", some places it is 2'9", depending on whether children's is 3' or 3'3" and whether modifieds are offered or not which is normally 2'9". Some places it is it is extremely competitive with 20+ entries and will be split per children and Adults. Generally judges would prefer to see a safe suitable mount and clean beautiful add in the lines then something dangerous or unsuitable. Every place I've been it's held either at the very end or very beginning of the day.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrider23 View Post
    Basically it is normally 2'3"-2'6", some places it is 2'9", depending on whether children's is 3' or 3'3" and whether modifieds are offered or not which is normally 2'9". Some places it is it is extremely competitive with 20+ entries and will be split per children and Adults. Generally judges would prefer to see a safe suitable mount and clean beautiful add in the lines then something dangerous or unsuitable. Every place I've been it's held either at the very end or very beginning of the day.
    Child/Adult Hunters are always 3'. Most Pre-Child/Adult sections are 2'6". Typically riders cannot cross-enter into classes where fences are 3' or higher, and sometimes riders cannot have won more than six blue ribbons.

Pre-Children/Adult-for those of us who still ride curled in a fetal ball...

7 members found this post helpful.

Can't cross enter except for age div. eq.
    For both zone 4,5, and 7 the 2013 specs say that fences may be set at 3' and/or 3'3". In Zone 12 it's 2'9". I've never been to a show where you can't have won more than 6 ribbons, generally that is limit rider. And also you usually can cross enter through 3'3", but it depends on the zone/show specs.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrider23 View Post
    Can't cross enter except for age div. eq.
    For both zone 4,5, and 7 the 2013 specs say that fences may be set at 3' and/or 3'3". In Zone 12 it's 2'9". I've never been to a show where you can't have won more than 6 ribbons, generally that is limit rider. And also you usually can cross enter through 3'3", but it depends on the zone/show specs.
    This is the first year for most of those zones (except for four) that Children's can be 3'3".

Zones 1 & 2 virtually never have limit sections (mostly a southern thing), and thus pre-child/adult is sometimes restricted by ribbons won. Meanwhile, in Zone 10, there's very rarely pre-child/adult or limit—everything is "modified". Since it's an unrated section wherever you go, there are no set rules or restrictions.

Act of god other than strong wind/weather, hmmm...earthquake? That would suck, right?
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

1 members found this post helpful.

Jump smiting - mmmmmmmm ?
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

2 members found this post helpful.