The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Mad jingles
    I\'m not crazy. I\'m just a little unwell.

I am far away but she is welcome in my barn again anytime. She did a wonderful job riding my super green mare so I could make a video.

1 members found this post helpful.

Prayers sent for a quick recovery...
    "How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?" Julian Lennon

Healing thoughts and prayers coming from South Florida! Thanks for letting us know C&C, hoping the power of CoTH can get Alittlegrey out of the hospital in time for the holiday week. Hugs Alg and hang in there.

Prayers and Jingles!!
    Telling a worrier to relax is counterproductive. Then we worry about relaxing.

Jingling for ALG!

Get better soon!!

Sending positive thoughts from Fl.

OhNo!!! She is a WONDERFUL person and she deserves only the BEST. Jingles coming from our home!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    Oops, well alittlegray didn't want to do a pity party, which I would have if I were in pain and was in hospital for 9th time in a year because of doctors screwing, up, but I missed that "subtle" part of her PM. Hey it was early, and I was heading out to barn and well, I'm not very subtle at all.

I don't have a home address. She is in hospital, in VA, in Stafford Hospital in room 304. I know last time a few weeks ago around Thanksgiving she was in a different hospital, so I called her to try to cheer her up. She has a 25-30% chance of going home for Christmas (I don't like those odds), so maybe if anyone in that area is out shopping tomorrow or the day after Christmas you could call the hospital, and if she's still there, call or drop by and cheer her up? Her husband and children visit her, but well, she needs entertainment from others as well.

And since her daughter had to rehome her pony due to alttilegray's illness, perhaps someone with a nice horse could let her daughter ride? She won the circuit championship on her pony, so I think she could handle a nice horse.

BTW alittlegray did not suggest any of the above to me. Except to tell me to be subtle, which I totally missed. She just wanted a few people to pray for her. And she told me about the daughter and pony weeks ago. I can keep a secret.....for a few weeks.

With all the people who are impostors, alittlegray was nervous several weeks ago to tell people how sick she is with the muscle, I think, that is supposed to hold the duct(s) to pancreas in place. Doctors shouldn't have touched it in first operation on another organ, but they did, and now she's got pain from backed up bile or fluid. She really is sick, and she really is in hospital. And she really needs jingles or prayers or anything to help her get well. And she needs to get to Johns Hopkins and see what they can do to restore her to the way she was before.
    C&C, you are very sweet, and yes it is a very sucky time to be stuck in the hospital. We do not know what exactly is causing my repeat episodes of acute pancreatitis, but I do have underlying chronic pancreatitis as well. Hopefully Johns Hopkins will be able to get me some answers in January. Yes, I was not wanting a thread about what was going on with me as I have a hard time accepting sympathy, etc, but everyone has been very kind, and I truly appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. The odds that I can at least go home tomorrow for a couple days are looking better. I kept down some food, now they need to successfully transition me to oral morphine and I will be clear to go home as long as I get daily bloodwork done.

This forum is made up of a lot of really nice people, and I've been fortunate enough to meet some in person. One brought me some horsey mags this evening to keep me busy, it was wonderfully kind!

If I get out of here tomorrow, it will be the fastest I've ever been allowed out and I firmly believe all the prayers and positive energy helped. I'm usually stuck here for a week at least. Thank you all again for the positive thoughts and prayers!
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

Thinking of you! Sending healing thoughts your way.

Oh gosh, alittlegrey, I am so sorry! I remember msging you last year about our respective knee surgeries, and that apparently was just the beginning!
    Hoping hard that things get resolved soon, I cannot imagine. Hoping you get home, that's always so much better....
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Jingles from the opposite side of the country! Praying you'll be out for Christmas with your family. I followed the Old Chestnut Mare thread and you definitely are one of the "good ones". Get well, and I hope you get answers for your problem.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Here's hoping alittlegray will be able to keep breakfast down this morning. Then, if the oral morphine works, she can go home for Christmas. But may be back in hospital later this week. She was able to keep down her mashed potato dinner last night.

Right now, she is set up to go to Johns Hopkins in January. Hopefully some of the cothers in the Johns Hopkins area of MD will be able to visit her or call her there.

Christmas is not a good time to be sick or to be in the hospital.
    Always Funny is probably worrying about alittlegray. And probably feels a lot better health-wise than does alittlegray.

Hang in there, and get well soon!

Oh my. I so feel for her. I have pancreatic problems and have to go to Hopkins for treatments. It just sucks and is so painful. I am not too far from Stafford please let her know if she needs anything I am happy to help. I completely understand how awful pancreas problems are, so even of it is just someone to vent to. I would be more.than willing to.drop anything off she needs or whatever else! For now prayers for her!

Also, not sure when or who her January appt is with but I currently have one scheduled on the 3rd at 1145 with Dr. Kalloo. If you needed something sooner and they would allow it you can have my appt. He goes out of town later that day but imo he is the best with pancreatic issues there. (he is the chief of the gi department.)

oh ow, pancreatitus is so very painful. i am sending tons of healing jingles, white light, healing vibes and all else i can think of for you to heal completely and immediatly.
    and how extra sad you had to rehome your daughter's pony, i wuold send you one if i could!

Jingles worked, I get to go home at least for today and tomorrow. Yay!! I may be back here the 26th, but I will be celebrating at home with my family.
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

Yay Whoosh Hallelujah!
    HAS provides hospital care to 340,000 people in Haiti's Artibonite Valley 24/7/365/earthquake/cholera/whatever.
    www.hashaiti.org blog:http://hashaiti.org/blog

Sorry to hear this! I have alittlegray's pony, charlie. I came and met her in the hospital in august before picking him up. I know she and her family have a had a rough year, can't imagine so many trips to the hospital. Jingles and prayers (and charlie says merry christmas!!)

Good for you! Glad the healing jingles have worked their magic - sending you some holiday jingles too!

Have a Merry, peaceful Christmas with your family and good luck at John Hopkins!

(ps - tried to reply to your pm but your box is full - now I know why - will try again soon!)

When I talked to her today, alittlegray was being processed for checkout by her doctor. Hopefully she can make it through Christmas at home without hospitalization. SFrost, you two need to get together and compare notes so you can help alittlegray when she goes to Johns Hopkins.

And both of you need to know that Emory University has had a project to determine if pancreatic tissue can be transplanted. It has worked in the scientific experiments, for all but cancer. Might be helpful to the 2 of you with your problems.

So Merry Christmas. I'm sure both alittlegray and frost won't be having much food and drink for the holiday, but at least you two will be home with family.