The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

How old is alittlegrays's daughter? Bet I can hook her up.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

You guys are great. I am here inpatient at Johns Hopkins, so hopefully answers will be forthcoming. My DD is 14, but she will not want to leave the hospital while I am here I don't think. I would love to see some new COTH faces but security here is crazy tight so if you are coming over (which is very sweet) please PM me so I can authorize you to come up here - (11 west room 14) they do have a visitor list I have to fill out.
    Please forgive me ahead of time if I am sluggish as I am on heavy pain meds. I am so grateful for all the continued jingles, and I hope the docs here can give me some hope.
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

1 members found this post helpful.

Hoping and praying for a complete recovery!
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

If they would allow you a kindle fire (needs wifi) so we can pester you face to face I am in fo 25$- Sent.
    I can even throw in a bluetooth keyboard (Bought in July original batts still charged) because the kindle touchscreens are a bother to use tiny, tiny, tiny over sensitive keys- you will never hit the right keys unless you have fingers that are lazer pinpointed you will be relegated to an observer- and if you are know the solutionto the posted problem it really sucks not to be able to share it.
    It doesn't need to be a kindle anything that will work will do.
    COTH support is 24/7 we have members awake at all hours(general time zone wise) between the Aussies, the members in Europe, the Americans both northern and southern, Night owls and people up at the crack of dawn we have you covered.

We will always be here for you.
    Last edited by 5; Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM.
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

I absolutely insist she comes back out and ride Mark!

Hoping you get to feeling better quickly alittlegrey... Sending you all many gentle hugs and prayers from Missouri...

Thanks guys! 5, I appreciate your offer so much! Dh bought me this tablet the first time I wound up as an inpatient just for that reason - so we could Skype and text and stay connected. I even use it for Netflix when I'm un-drugged enough to focus that long. I really lack for nothing material here at all. I am again so very thankful for everyone's kind words, and Laurie, I know she would be ecstatic to come back to your farm even just to kiss warm fuzzy noses!

Perhaps Alittlegray should put some horses on her visitors' list?

Lots of horses visiting might make her feel better!

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alittlegray View Post
    Thanks guys! 5, I appreciate your offer so much! Dh bought me this tablet the first time I wound up as an inpatient just for that reason - so we could Skype and text and stay connected. I even use it for Netflix when I'm un-drugged enough to focus that long. I really lack for nothing material here at all. I am again so very thankful for everyone's kind words, and Laurie, I know she would be ecstatic to come back to your farm even just to kiss warm fuzzy noses!
    She is welcome anytime. I have two guests room made up if your family needs them as well. Hope Hopkins gets to the bottom of things and you are home for good soon.

Hi Alittlegrey - if there's anything you can think of that you might need, please post and I'm happy to help make your wish come true.

2 members found this post helpful.

I think horses to visit would be simply divine, but alas hospital security looked at me like I needed to be moved to the psych floor when I asked if I could receive four-legged visitors!

Laurie, that is sweet. DH will not be coming up though, our second vehicle is in the shop so he's stuck at home.

Bathsheba8452, thanks so much for the kind offer! We are doing OK right now, this is a wonderful hospital. They are even sending a food tray up at meal times for DD that they will bill out at the end of our stay - I don't even have to worry about sending her around the hospital alone to get food.

The outstanding news is I have some test results and they are pretty sure they know what the problem is, now they just need to fix it. That will require a couple future outpatient visits but at least they feel like they know what is wrong!

This means I may go home tonight or tomorrow, as soon as food is staying down again yay!

2 members found this post helpful.

Oh I hope they have the issue pinpointed! Still jingling!
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

That's great that you are going to go home again.

Warmbloods know how to talk their way past security. We'd just pretend to be interns. Or service horses. We're just not close enough to visit you, or to let your daughter ride us.

(Our owner's father once took his big dog into a hospital to visit another family member, with hospital employes yelling "you can't do that!" He did.)

We hope that this time you will be cured so you can enjoy life again. The year 2012 and the start of 2013 has been awful for you. Your attitude has been totally amazing, despite all the pain you've been through. And going out and helping transport Always Funny and taking pictures of her, even when you were so sick, was great!

Jingles that the food starts agreeing with you and you get to go home. Happy to hear they've got a plan to get you fixed up.

Hope things start improving. I'm very close (well, compared to many) and would be happy to help in any way. Many jingles for your speedy recovery.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by alittlegray View Post
    I think horses to visit would be simply divine, but alas hospital security looked at me like I needed to be moved to the psych floor when I asked if I could receive four-legged visitors!

Laurie, that is sweet. DH will not be coming up though, our second vehicle is in the shop so he's stuck at home.

Bathsheba8452, thanks so much for the kind offer! We are doing OK right now, this is a wonderful hospital. They are even sending a food tray up at meal times for DD that they will bill out at the end of our stay - I don't even have to worry about sending her around the hospital alone to get food.

The outstanding news is I have some test results and they are pretty sure they know what the problem is, now they just need to fix it. That will require a couple future outpatient visits but at least they feel like they know what is wrong!

This means I may go home tonight or tomorrow, as soon as food is staying down again yay!
    Hoping the food's staying down and you're home soon. JINGLES

I just PM'd you my name - I am happy to bring food for DD if she is getting tired of the same menu (though the food has gotten MUCH better in the last year or so!). I know you said you may be getting discharged soon, but I am still up to coming if you would like to meet a crazy COTHer!
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields

Good morning ALG! (and ALG jr. too - who sounds like a great kid! :O )
    Glad you had some positive news! Hopefully you get to go home tonihgt or tomorrow and sleep at home, and get to be surrounded by your four legged family!
    Warmest wishes (and Heart sends muzzle kisses too!
    D.
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way.

Happy to say they discharged me just before lunch, and I'm now safely tucked in at home after fighting nasty traffic back south around DC this afternoon. I have to go back up in a couple weeks for follow up appts and a couple procedures if any COTHers want to meet for lunch when I'm back up there? I would love to put faces to names!
    Thanks again for thinking of me during this awful time, here's hoping 2013 is so much better!!

4 members found this post helpful.