The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

OMG, prayers for her and her family.

How horrible! Jingles from Idaho for her and her skin and fur family.
    Sheilah

Jingles from NC! It seems that there are a lot of stories like this one on the news this year and I can't imagine a more helpless feeling than watching a home burn down.

What kind of items are they needing/wanting the most? That might help us out so we don't send things they really don't need right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Does she need any horse blankets? I have a spare 78 Schneider's heavyweight.
    Thank you Laura. But all three of her horses are more ponies than anything and those would be much too big. Plus she does not blanket since down here in TX it never gets too cold! Thank you so much for the offer though.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryisBlaisin' View Post
    Jingles from NC! It seems that there are a lot of stories like this one on the news this year and I can't imagine a more helpless feeling than watching a home burn down.

What kind of items are they needing/wanting the most? That might help us out so we don't send things they really don't need right now.
    Right now it is still a big shock to her. Today Epona isn't feeling so well and is a bit physically ill. Though not that I am really surprised. This has all been a lot. They need anything and everything, the house was a complete loss. All they came out with is their vehicle and the clothing on their back. I do know tomorrow there should be things starting to arrive already from our efforts. There should be clothes there and gift cards that I know of for sure.

Since her new place isn't ready yet (though they are making good progress the electrician was out yesterday and some dry wall went up after) the physical things are a bit lost to what is really needed. So I just have been encouraging donations through the donation site and gift cards.

Though if you are interested in sending clothing let me post the sizes;
    Epona Shirt size: small
    Pants: 0
    Shoes: 6 or 7
    Steven (her hubby)
    Shirt size: L - XL
    Pants: 38"
    Shoes: 11

Her PO Box is also available to send things to just PM me.. if you have trouble sending it to her PO you can send to me and I can get it to her.

Oh no! What stores are closest and most useful for the gift cards?
    HAS provides hospital care to 340,000 people in Haiti's Artibonite Valley 24/7/365/earthquake/cholera/whatever.
    www.hashaiti.org blog:http://hashaiti.org/blog

So tragic, my brother went through the same thing just a month ago. I know he really appreciated comfort items - cookies, tea, slippers, a warm fuzzy blanket, etc as well as the gift cards. There were some great ideas on a thread I posted on the turkey day ot area.

Many hugs, such a tough trial.

Quote Originally Posted by HorsesinHaiti View Post
    Oh no! What stores are closest and most useful for the gift cards?
    Walmart of course is a big one, there is one in the town she is staying now with her employer. There is also those prepaid MC and VISA gift cards you can get at Walmart you can use anywhere that would also be great. Thank you

An update from her FB;

"Kristina Epona Saucedo
    Doing okay mentally today, but physically not so well. Just trying to hold it together a while longer.

Many people have asked so I did some double checking - using the Indiegogo donation link is the best bet for those asking. While it DOES take a small fee, it deposits into my paypal immediately. No delay. It will also (hopefully) prevent Paypal from flagging my account for receiving too many "gifts." While I can only transfer $500 a month to my bank account, many many stores that I frequent online now accept paypal, so I am not worried in the least about that.

Bless all of you for your kindness and generosity - I think at this point we will have enough donated clothes. I am still not sure on other supplies such as household items, goat supplies, horse supplies. I did purchase some items for our cat, Mr Gibbs. Thank you all again and stick with me. We'll make it together, with your support."

Many Jingles to you Epona.

So sad to hear. Jingles and godspeed to the furry ones.

Some friends lost their house to our prairie fires a year ago and others last summer, others to a fire a few months ago from an electrical short behind the washing or drying machine.

It is so devastating when fires happen, hugs.

Jingling and sending ((Hugs))
    WOW

So sorry it took me so long to come here and find this. I wasn't aware there was a COTH thread - I have always been a very big lurker here on COTH, enjoy reading everyone's threads but not a huge poster.

Thank you all for your well wishes and thoughts. We are making it - one day at a time. We did lose all of our dogs. No sign of the possibly surviving one, and deep in my heart, I really believe she did not actually make it out.

We are building a new home here on the farm I work at and my employer's family is making us feel like family. We will be fine. It's hard and my heart is full of aching holes, but we will go on.

My FB is open to any friend requests, facebook.com/knsfarm or Kristina Epona Saucedo. There are pictures of the fire and what not on my timeline photos and of course, I am keeping everyone updated there.

Thank you again and I look forward to returning to my quiet evenings reading COTH and other forums.
    ~ The Goat Whisperer
    Website

2 members found this post helpful.